tshap08

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone, I drive a 2019 Civic Si sedan. I’m on BC Racing BR Type Coilovers that a friend and I installed. We had a tough time getting the back left sway bar link I n place but eventually got it in. There’s been a small rattle/clunk present but it’s drowned out by music or air conditioning. I lack a garage as I live in an apartment and my only friend with the space works full time and I didn’t wanna pester him with fixing it, so I let it go. But today, the noise seemed to magnify by 100 times. We’d looked at the coils before and everything seems to be tight. It only happens when going over uneven roads or bumps. If it’s smooth, then no noise. I’ll try to attach a video. Could this just be the sway bar needing to be loosened and tightened up again? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

Attachments

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Hi everyone, I drive a 2019 Civic Si sedan. I’m on BC Racing BR Type Coilovers that a friend and I installed. We had a tough time getting the back left sway bar link I n place but eventually got it in. There’s been a small rattle/clunk present but it’s drowned out by music or air conditioning. I lack a garage as I live in an apartment and my only friend with the space works full time and I didn’t wanna pester him with fixing it, so I let it go. But today, the noise seemed to magnify by 100 times. We’d looked at the coils before and everything seems to be tight. It only happens when going over uneven roads or bumps. If it’s smooth, then no noise. I’ll try to attach a video. Could this just be the sway bar needing to be loosened and tightened up again? Thanks in advance for any help.

something is loose... have it checked!

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
check the end links bolt connection with the control arm, when you torqued the bolt was under load?

Deleted member 32006

I had the same clunking noise coming from the rear passenger side and in my case it ended up being the right end of the sway bar making contact with the end link. It seemed as if the sway bar had slide to the right.
Sponsored