Progress Rear Sway Bar vs SiriMoto Rear Sway Bar

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Can anyone chime in on which rear sway bar is better? i understand the Progress is .6 mm thicker than the Sirimoto RSB and has 550lb/in for its rating. Then again, the Sirimoto has two settings: soft and stiff.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Might be interesting to wait and see what the Si rear sway bar diameter is... they are saying that it's 30% stiffer that the Sport rear bar... so that might put it in the 21mm range...and we also have the Type R around the corner as well so that might be another option if it fits.:hmm:

rje58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2017 6-speed manual
Country flag
I am interested in a rear sway bar as well. I just installed the SiriMoto strut brace, and while it made a noticeable improvement, I definitely want a rear sway bar for even better handling. Does anybody have any good info on the pros and cons of each of these? Also, I'm curious as to how many rear sway bars ever fail? Why would they have a one-year warranty? or no warranty?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am interested in a rear sway bar as well. I just installed the SiriMoto strut brace, and while it made a noticeable improvement, I definitely want a rear sway bar for even better handling. Does anybody have any good info on the pros and cons of each of these? Also, I'm curious as to how many rear sway bars ever fail? Why would they have a one-year warranty? or no warranty?
I can't imagine the bar would ever fail. The main point of concern is usually the end links. Sometimes stock end link cannot handle aftermarket sway bars.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ProCivic is offering a $25 discount code (with free shipping), now through 5/19. So, the SiriMoto sway bar has Progress beat on price.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I ordered a Sirimoto rear sway yesterday. I'm excited to see how it performs with my front strut, coilovers and summer tires. I don't really care for that .6mm difference of the 1.0mm difference the Si's may bring. Anything is better than the stock EX one that's on there now.

rje58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the SiriMoto strut bar and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the rear sway bar. Please keep us posted on your thoughts as you receive yours and install it, as well as the test drive! :)

I ordered a Sirimoto rear sway yesterday. I'm excited to see how it performs with my front strut, coilovers and summer tires. I don't really care for that .6mm difference of the 1.0mm difference the Si's may bring. Anything is better than the stock EX one that's on there now.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Always heard good reviews about Progress, hence why I have one going on in a few weeks, Sirimoto strut bar went on a few days ago.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Might be interesting to wait and see what the Si rear sway bar diameter is... they are saying that it's 30% stiffer that the Sport rear bar... so that might put it in the 21mm range...and we also have the Type R around the corner as well so that might be another option if it fits.:hmm:
You and I are on the same page. Looking forward to do parts I can throw on my sport hatch!

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Si Sway bar is 18.0mm in the rear.

rje58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mannyp93 - did you get your SRM rear sway bar installed? Review?

Hawk02 - Progress rear sway bar installed? Review?

Always heard good reviews about Progress, hence why I have one going on in a few weeks, Sirimoto strut bar went on a few days ago.
I'm really wanting to get one of these, but I'd really like to hear more experiences that others have had before I make a final decision.

Thanks in advance!

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX

I'm really wanting to get one of these, but I'd really like to hear more experiences that others have had before I make a final decision.

Thanks in advance!
Installing this weekend will be sure to post up! Been tough with work and all the rain.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe

Thanks in advance!
Going on tomorrow hopefully

rje58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply, guys, I can't wait to hear your drive reports!