1.5T Exhaust

kebinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys I need some help here, I was wondering if it’s possible to fit an SI exhaust on a 2016 civic coupe?
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would figure it would fit for the most part. A good shop could make it work if you bought a Coupe exhaust. Not sure if there's any real differences between the Touring and Si Coupes in terms of body (ex. I have an EX-L hatchback and because of my spare tire kit, I can't use the same exhausts as Sport models because the tire holder sits too low).

OP
OP

kebinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would figure it would fit for the most part. A good shop could make it work if you bought a Coupe exhaust. Not sure if there's any real differences between the Touring and Si Coupes in terms of body (ex. I have an EX-L hatchback and because of my spare tire kit, I can't use the same exhausts as Sport models because the tire holder sits too low).
Do you think that a type r exhaust would fit ?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the SI exhaust is possible?
I would imagine the coupe Si would be a much closer fit than the Type R exhaust would, but there will definitely be some custom fab required either way.

OP
OP

kebinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would imagine the coupe Si would be a much closer fit than the Type R exhaust would, but there will definitely be some custom fab required either way.
Sorry for asking so many questions, what is a fab?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for asking so many questions, what is a fab?
Fab = fabrication. Means it will not be completely bolt on / plug and play, there will need to be some modification/fabrication done to make it fit properly. What that entails, I honestly wouldn't know.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Many people have put the stock type r exhaust on their non type r civic. Most don’t keep the stock one after removing it for aftermarket. It should be relatively cheap for the actual exhaust but welding work would be a couple hundred.

But it’s not bolt on and will need welding. There are very few coupe exhausts options available.

OP
OP

kebinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Many people have put the stock type r exhaust on their non type r civic. Most don’t keep the stock one after removing it for aftermarket. It should be relatively cheap for the actual exhaust but welding work would be a couple hundred.

But it’s not bolt on and will need welding. There are very few coupe exhausts options available.
I have a 2016 coupe touring, will an SI exhaust or a type r fit in it?

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I have a 2016 coupe touring, will an SI exhaust or a type r fit in it?
Anything will fit. Its just a matter of how much money you want to spend at an exhaust shop to have it made it. The only thing that will fit without custom work is an exhaust made for your make and model of car.

OP
OP

kebinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anything will fit. Its just a matter of how much money you want to spend at an exhaust shop to have it made it. The only thing that will fit without custom work is an exhaust made for your make and model of car.
So technically I would only have to buy the exhaust tip of an SI or Type R and not the full set?

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Also, the bottom diffuser would have to be replaced right? So that the exhaust tip could fit
Correct. You need to get under there and look. I have a 2021 EX so i dont know the layout of the older ones. But there is a big difference in the EX/LX and the sport models. I cant use a center exit exhaust as the tire carrier sits lower on my car and is in the way.
Sponsored