Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys I have a 2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe and, I was curious if I can put a Type R civic engine and swap my 1.8 liter engine out?
Moreover, would a Type R engine 306HP work in my 2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe automatic transmission?
Therefore if its not possible am I better off of tuning it up to 306HP my 2015 Civic?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anything is possible with enough time and money. Not knowing anything about the 9th gen LX I'll guess you will have a hell of a time modding and tuning it to 300 hp.

OP
OP
Driven93

Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anything is possible with enough time and money. Not knowing anything about the 9th gen LX I'll guess you will have a hell of a time modding and tuning it to 300 hp.
Do you think swapping my engine out for Type R engine would work in a automatic transmission?

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’re better off swapping a K series (non k20c1/2/4) since the si came with one. Less electronics to deal with and no direct injection to deal with.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You current transmission can not be used with a new engine...you would also need the ECU, wiring harnesses, modify engine mounts, bigger radiator etc. The type r power plant is not what in would look into for your car...way too much work and you'll rip everything a civic lx isn't meant for that much power you would have to upgrade a lot of stuff.

Also, do you know a mechanic that could do the job for you?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you think swapping my engine out for Type R engine would work in a automatic transmission?
Not at all. My "anything is possible" was meant to dissuade you. My suggestion is buy a new car with the power you're looking for.

OP
OP
Driven93

Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You current transmission can not be used with a new engine...you would also need the ECU, wiring harnesses, modify engine mounts, bigger radiator etc. The type r power plant is not what in would look into for your car...way too much work and you'll rip everything a civic lx isn't meant for that much power you would have to upgrade a lot of stuff.

Also, do you know a mechanic that could do the job for you?
ok thanks

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean if you want to spend more than the car is worth on just the motor and trans then anything can be done with enough fab work.

OP
OP
Driven93

Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You’re better off swapping a K series (non k20c1/2/4) since the si came with one. Less electronics to deal with and no direct injection to deal with.
so im better off swapping a K20C4 engine then

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an ever crazier idea. What about trading your car for a 10th gen turbo model?

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Time to get real.

Based off of your questions and posts, my assumption is this will be a swap you are going to be paying labor for, correct? If so, sell your car and buy a 8th or 9th gen si, you will save a ton of money and headaches.

Swapping engines is fairly easy, but without the technical know-how to troubleshoot it is very, very costly. You will end up paying double the cost of just buying a vehicle equipped with a k series engine you are wanting.

/end thread.

OP
OP
Driven93

Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean if you want to spend more than the car is worth on just the motor and trans then anything can be done with enough fab work.
i have 7k saved up a lot of lower class people don't have the luxury to buy a 50k corvette or 70k shelby mustang so yeah gettibg a cheap reliable car like a honda civic and just adding 200+ HP just to hit the sweet spot of a need for speed to make it a fun car to drive thats all i want its not like i want to go drag racing a quarter mile with a 300hp car.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
just adding 200+ HP just to hit the sweet spot of a need for speed to make it a fun car to drive thats all i want its not like i want to go drag racing a quarter mile with a 300hp car.
You speak like over doubling the HP of a car is easy and not that expensive. Can it be done, yes but it's not easy or inexpensive especially if you personally don't have the wherewithal to do most of it yourself, i.e. labor costs will will hurt your wallet.

OP
OP
Driven93

Driven93

First Name
jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You speak like over doubling the HP of a car is easy and not that expensive. Can it be done, yes but it's not easy or inexpensive especially if you personally don't have the wherewithal to do most of it yourself, i.e. labor costs will will hurt your wallet.
i dont mean it like that i know its not easy its common sense and obvious expensive but not as expensive as buying a new damn freaking car 20k and up All im say IS IT POSSIBLE? DONT WORRY ABOUT MY WALLET THATS NOT THE QUESTION IM asking BUT CAN IT HAPPEN IM guessing it is possible but you guys just complain how expensive it is i get im not talking about finances in general im talking about mechanics and engineering can i add 160+ HP into my 2015 Honda Civic Coupe Lx by adding a turbocharger a cool air intake and etc w.e it needs to be functional well and i know couple of tuners and good mechanics I live in LA there's a lot tuning and modifying but yes expensive.
Sponsored