Curious - How do you guys handle Valet Parking with your CTR?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
As time moves on you'll invariably have to park the car yourself since it's a stickshift lol. Honestly if paranoid the best option is to say 'I'll give you $20 for me to park it myself'
They may not take that 20 as it’s liability for them. Remember, they’re responsible for all the cars on the lot, if an accident happens, they’re the ones that look bad. Even if you’re financially reliable, they still end up looking bad since it would be a situation that never should have happened in the first place.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
They may not take that 20 as it’s liability for them. Remember, they’re responsible for all the cars on the lot, if an accident happens, they’re the ones that look bad. Even if you’re financially reliable, they still end up looking bad since it would be a situation that never should have happened in the first place.
Good call, and would just be something to try. I dunno last place I had a stickshift they couldn't move it so I had to park it myself when forced to valet. lol

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Valet wrecked my friends car down here in Florida. They told him "sorry not our liability"

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Valet wrecked my friends car down here in Florida. They told him "sorry not our liability"
Lawsuit likely would say otherwise. It’s like one of those “we aren’t responsible signs.” They aren’t always true.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lawsuit likely would say otherwise. It’s like one of those “we aren’t responsible signs.” They aren’t always true.

His insurance company took care of him. He didn't stress too much about it but he couldn't believe it. The hotel sub contracts out valet, and valet was trying to say it was the hotel. They took a turn too sharply and side swiped one of those concrete pillars.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I wouldn't let a valet near my CTR.
My wife and I went to a wedding in her SI a couple years ago. The twenty-something valet got into it and right back out. He told us he didn't know how to drive it. He called an older valet who took over and parked it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I wouldn't let a valet near my CTR.
My wife and I went to a wedding in her SI a couple years ago. The twenty-something valet got into it and right back out. He told us he didn't know how to drive it. He called an older valet who took over and parked it.
It could have been worse. He could have stalled it 5 times in front of you. I guess at least someone there knew how to drive stick. It’s becoming more and more rare. I didn’t know how to drive stick until shortly before I bought the FK8; really doesn’t make me a bad driver I don’t think. Maybe it does.
Sponsored