Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R !

96A80

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '99 Civic Si EBP, '07 S2000, '12 Silverado Z71. Past: '96 Supra Turbo (sold), '08 Mugen Si (sold), '04 S2000 (sold)
I guess because of, you know, summer tires... sue-happy snitches can't handle driving a summer tire more than 2 or 3 days in the spring without a lawsuit!

Sigh indeed. I have class until June 28th and really wanted to have it a week or two before I finish my last class. (TypeR is a bit of a graduation gift to myself lol)

I have that problem too! Typing on my phone in this forum isn't always successful.
Haha yes! Mine freezes for a second or two and it ends up skipping words or mixing them together.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I understand.
In Europe, do they still offer the GT package? As I understand, you could get a 'base model' which was the same mechanical bits, or you could get the GT which added seat heaters, LDW, LKA, active cruise control, remote start stop, and a few/bunch of other things I can't recall off the top of my head. It added 2300 to the UK price, but at least it was available. I'm not sure what the take rate was on either configuration but it 'appears' that they are still available new on UK honda lots. maybe.

Are you mainland EU? I forget. We will probably be looking for a source for LHD hatch parts... :)[/QUOTE
The front of the car has the exact same circle on both sides also. Maybe! I just would assume that is to large of a plastic piece to remove for a toe hook... but I haven't seen another spot to put one on the front.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! xbFSBcv

That split on the left rear end looks like it's there for a reason. I'm assuming that could be a tow hook location.
So I just went to my dealer, they all have it... SOLVED!
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0809.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0803.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0804.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0805.JPG
[/ATTACH]

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0807.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R debuts in US at AutoCon. Claimed to be faster than 1st gen GT-R ! IMG_0806.JPG

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
20,600 m (67,600 ft) 7:26.70 Nissan GT-R (2009) Toshio Suzuki 23 April 2009 Nissan Motors conducted test with optional tires. Video confirmed. Best Motoring (08/2009).[57]
==============================================
FK2 already matched the 7:50 of 'one of the first gens runs' ... so quoting Wiki
""In 2009, in a full "super test" sport auto achieved a time of 7:38 minutes on the Nürburgring with a standard GT-R driven by Horst von Saurma,[49] identical to a later "super test" Corvette ZR1 time""
i suspect were looking at something beating the GTI ClubSp 7:47
maybe the broke the 7:40's !!!! :spaz:

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Haha yes! Mine freezes for a second or two and it ends up skipping words or mixing them together.
Me too! Iphone?
This wasn't always a problem... seems to be more of a problem on threads with more replies...?

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
of course they all have this... how have people not realized this yet? it's been there since the release...
This is where you pour in the VTEC's, yo.
I remember back when I had my 99 Si...with the 'wild' factory DOHC VTEC stickers on the sides...and dudes asking me if they could get VTEC at Pep Boys. Of course I said yes, they have it in all different colors.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
of course they all have this... how have people not realized this yet? it's been there since the release...
I'm just clearing stuff up bud. I own a sedan, I didn't care enough when the normal hatch was released to notice it before.

96A80

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '99 Civic Si EBP, '07 S2000, '12 Silverado Z71. Past: '96 Supra Turbo (sold), '08 Mugen Si (sold), '04 S2000 (sold)
Me too! Iphone?
This wasn't always a problem... seems to be more of a problem on threads with more replies...?
Yes, iPhone 6S. I usually browse and lurk on my computer

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Anyone else notice some of the panels don't fit quite right? It's pretty bad on the side view of the 2 doors (one door is clearly higher than the other), and on the rear fender flare where it meets the door panel. Doesn't really matter much to me, I figure as long as nothing's falling off or rubbing it's all good lol

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Anyone else notice some of the panels don't fit quite right? It's pretty bad on the side view of the 2 doors (one door is clearly higher than the other), and on the rear fender flare where it meets the door panel. Doesn't really matter much to me, I figure as long as nothing's falling off or rubbing it's all good lol
Another reason not to buy the first model year. The gaps are pretty uneven, almost like a post accident car. They have to build more in order to get their sh1t together.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
It has to be a mule running around to show everyone on the show circuit. Just wait ( if you can ) for the first batch of Type R's to pop up at dealers and see if these problems are there or not. I can't wait till it's my turn to get one ( 2-3 yrs ) down the road and they get all the problems fix that come with new models.

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag

Panels did look off in person. Hood scoop looked like it was glued on and uneven.

I asked the rep to open the door for pics, he said they couldn't because the door jambs were a different color. I think they rushed it to make the debut. Production model will be Honda quality. I wouldn't worry much.
Sponsored