Mustang GT to Type R

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ferrari also has/had a lockout for anyone they deemed unworthy of buying a new Ferrari. You had to have owned a couple used before they would even let you buy a new one. I don't know how it is now that Luca Cordero di Montezemolo left and Fiat has total control. I've heard that they are coming out with a $30k range Maserati and are going to produce more Ferrari's to push the sales figures up. Who knows?
Sponsored

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Very valid points. But it still would not make the CTR pointless to buy if you aren't going to track it. Additionally, spirited driving does not necessarily equate to pushing cars to their limit going at speeds that would be deemed illegal. I frequently drive through the Sierra Nevada which consists of a lot of uphill/downhill and fun turns while going at a speed that meets the speed limit. I would most definitely say I'll be taking advantage of what the CTR have to offer without having to take it to a track.

And like ayau said, "differnt strokes for different folks.
You definitely don't HAVE to track this car to enjoy it. You also don't have to go all out to enjoy driving it on the street. I don't want to track the type R because it's waaaaay too slow, but it's going to be awesome fun on the streets. I don't want another 450whp caged car to drive to work, I want something fun, predictable, and performance focused that's economical and safe. I must be getting old.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Ferrari also has/had a lockout for anyone they deemed unworthy of buying a new Ferrari. You had to have owned a couple used before they would even let you buy a new one. I don't know how it is now that Luca Cordero di Montezemolo left and Fiat has total control. I've heard that they are coming out with a $30k range Maserati and are going to produce more Ferrari's to push the sales figures up. Who knows?

The lockout is for limited models only. Cars like 488 , California T you can buy as many as you want. Low-end Maserati sucks. Ghibli is already a disaster, you can have one for 20k off MSRP.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I see you have a BRZ. I had one when they first came out. Will you be trading the BRZ for the CTR?
I'm still debating if I should trade it in or keep it as it's very close to being paid off. By the time I'm able to find a CTR with no mark up here in NorCal, it'll be paid off, so we shall see. I don't have anything I dislike about the BRZ at the moment.
Sponsored