cito

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan; 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Anyone run different tire diameters front versus back? Planning to run 255/40/17 fronts and 245/40/17 rears this weekend, but want to make sure it doesn't freak out the computers or sensors.
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the Type R we ran 275 F 245 R before, no issue aside from the fact that the car is pretty loose until rear tire is up to temp....

I think Eric Simmons ran 255/225 on the SI when he had the car...

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone using different brake set up in the front then then OEM. I won't be going BBK as mine is a lease, but I will be changing the pads and rotors to EBC yellow stuff pads and slotted rotors.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Anyone using different brake set up in the front then then OEM. I won't be going BBK as mine is a lease, but I will be changing the pads and rotors to EBC yellow stuff pads and slotted rotors.
EBC is garbage pads, don't waste your money. If you want slotted for the look, go for it. There isn't any advantage to them in a street/autox environment really.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EBC is garbage pads, don't waste your money. If you want slotted for the look, go for it. There isn't any advantage to them in a street/autox environment really.
Good to know...not going for the look, but looking for better braking other then OE. Think is better just getting the solid rotors with upgraded pads?

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Good to know...not going for the look, but looking for better braking other then OE. Think is better just getting the solid rotors with upgraded pads?
Yes. I reached out to Ferrodo to see if they'll make a DS2500 for our cars but they said the caliper shape wasn't in some industry registry or something. :/ was really wanting to give those a shot.

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
They are not.

Granted I've only driven someone else's Civic twice in anger... I was pretty shocked when the car owner told me they were stock pads!

This is personal philosophy...but I think that in GS the #1 goal is to not slow down as much. A pad that bites harder might make you slow down too much.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The EBC Redstuff are actually good. It's what I use

Banannie

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 S2K CR delete
Country flag
My comment was along the lines of "not the right thread for that question"

And I agree. For autox, it stops fine and it'll depend on your driving style but more aggressive pads are definitely not required. Track? Yeah, you want more...

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are not.

Granted I've only driven someone else's Civic twice in anger... I was pretty shocked when the car owner told me they were stock pads!

This is personal philosophy...but I think that in GS the #1 goal is to not slow down as much. A pad that bites harder might make you slow down too much.
That's what i was fishing for...more bite means more slowing down. BBK is over kill if your looking for more track days. Yeah will be good on the open road, but I wont take that route.

My comment was along the lines of "not the right thread for that question"

And I agree. For autox, it stops fine and it'll depend on your driving style but more aggressive pads are definitely not required. Track? Yeah, you want more...
My question was only to see what some are running in their cars. And if anyone had an opinion on the EBC brakes. I got 50/50 on it lol.
My stock rotors seemed warped a bit from most likely from my driving habits. I will admit that highway driving I tend to speed then someone always has to jump in front of me which happens quite often. Even though I have life on the front brakes I have an account with aftermarket that carries EBC stuff, so I can get a decent price on brake parts from them.
I have not autox'ed mine yet since time and location never works out. Waiting for when they open up again near where I live to finally run my car.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one thing I'd really complain about SI after jumping in from Type R is the brakes doesn't feel as strong or as easily modulated. I also think GTI had better brake than the SI....
Sponsored