Civic Si - GS to STH: What order of mods?

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What's up ya'll. I love autox and only got into it last year. I upgraded tires but didn't know what to buy so I wasted some money, but they were better than stock. This year I've ordered some Hankook Ventus RS4's. I'm hoping to reach my driving limits for GS this year. I have a RSB that I'll order once I'm planted on these tires and feeling ready for the next step.

Last year I was learning about rotating the rear end, and was limited by the tires. I'm hoping that I've rid of that issue this year, and that I can drive more aggressively with more confidence in the tight turns.

What is your mod order to go from GS to STH? I don't have that much money so I'll be doing mods one at a time. Should intercooler upgrade be my first mod stepping out of GS? And can you tune with Ktuner in STH? Or does that put you into a street prep category?
Sponsored

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Total guessing, but I'm thinking biggest result on the clock, in order, assuming GS prep already (rear bar):

265s on 9s
Camber
Tune
Coilovers

Get those, get everything sorted (aka not just bolt on and hope it's right) and I'd wager that's 95% of your time gains under ideal conditions.

The clutch and IC would be for reliability and consistency.
The lightening - battery, seat, brakes, etc. don't have a lot of bang for the buck on the clock, but if you're chasing the last tenth or so in Lincoln you kinda need it.

IMO the car is still far more competitive in GS than even a cost-no-object STH build could ever be.

OneLapCivicSi

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I agree with what burglar says above. If you want some info on setting up the suspension and some of the challenges we worked through, take a look at my build thread.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/one-lap-of-america-civic-si.61344/

Finding a legal clutch solution that doesn't suck daily driving is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome. I've seriously considered running nats this year in STH in the One Lap Civic, but going back to a dual mass flywheel setup paired up with a really stiff/chattery clutch to hold power. doesn't sound like fun.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Can you do slotted rotors and stainless brake lines on sth? What about big brakes?
Sponsored