@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, so I finally hit My first autocross event and I'm absolutely hooked with it. I want to get some of seasoned veterans opinions on suspension mods to help improve my times and handling characteristics. I'm currently on d2 racing fully adjustable coilovers and I am looking to get some better sway bars, strut braces and any other mods that would help improve handling. Any and all opinions are welcome here! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
If you really wanna up your times, a 200tw tire is going to make a much bigger difference than any suspension upgrades. I'd recommend the falken azenis rt660. Other than that, a bigger rear sway bar helps.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you really wanna up your times, a 200tw tire is going to make a much bigger difference than any suspension upgrades. I'd recommend the falken azenis rt660. Other than that, a bigger rear sway bar helps.
I'm not sure the tw of this tire but compared to stock it's an amazing tire. I am interested in a bigger sway bar, what would you recommend? I've seen alot of whitelines and eibach out there

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're budget minded, you can keep an eye out for a Type R sway bar, then, while replacing the sway bar ... spring a few bucks for the Accord end links.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're budget minded, you can keep an eye out for a Type R sway bar, then, while replacing the sway bar ... spring a few bucks for the Accord end links.
I actually have adjustable endlinks that came with my d2 coilovers, would you recommend I chance them out? I kinda like that they're adjustable

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
How does this set up compare against a white line set up?

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Type r is 20.5mm
White line is 22mm

I'm guessing it's a negligible difference to anyone that isn't a professional driver.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually have adjustable endlinks that came with my d2 coilovers, would you recommend I chance them out? I kinda like that they're adjustable
Nah ... the adjustable endlinks that you have will be just fine.
Si endlinks are plastic. Although I don't know anyone that has broken one, the Accord endlinks are aluminum, and budget friendly.

As for Whiteline vs CTR ... I don't have any practical experience with the Whiteline. I have heard some people say that it can be a bit too much. I think it all depends on your driving style.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Type r is 20.5mm
White line is 22mm

I'm guessing it's a negligible difference to anyone that isn't a professional driver.
Yea that's not much of a difference in diameter, I want to eliminate any and all body roll so I plan on getting the thickest one possible which if I'm not mistaken was whiteline

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Yea that's not much of a difference in diameter, I want to eliminate any and all body roll so I plan on getting the thickest one possible which if I'm not mistaken was whiteline
Whiteline 22mm with Accord End Links will be plenty for all Street use, and track use. I only recommend the 26mm for experienced, competitive track or AutoX folks. For every twenty 22mm we sell, we sell one 26mm kits.

You can easily shift the balance under braking or lifting off the throttle mid corner, and the 26 will want to come around on you. I've tried out the CTR bar on the Si, had the 22mm on my Blue Si for a year, and then swapped to the 26mm RSB kit . Noticeable difference between 22 and 26, it's not a novice upgrade or one you choose just because it's the thickest one out there.

As you're getting into the sport, start with 22mm and then work your way up with your skill level. We can help you source Eibach or Whiteline, we just prefer Whiteline due to their solid construction vs. Eibach being tubular, but you can't lose going either way :)

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
They make a 26 or 27mm also, but I wouldn't recommend it. Most say it's too much and you'll have steering issues. Stick to the 22mm or the type r bar

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whiteline 22mm with Accord End Links will be plenty for all Street use, and track use. I only recommend the 26mm for experienced, competitive track or AutoX folks. For every twenty 22mm we sell, we sell one 26mm kits.

You can easily shift the balance under braking or lifting off the throttle mid corner, and the 26 will want to come around on you. I've tried out the CTR bar on the Si, had the 22mm on my Blue Si for a year, and then swapped to the 26mm RSB kit . Noticeable difference between 22 and 26, it's not a novice upgrade or one you choose just because it's the thickest one out there.

As you're getting into the sport, start with 22mm and then work your way up with your skill level. We can help you source Eibach or Whiteline, we just prefer Whiteline due to their solid construction vs. Eibach being tubular, but you can't lose going either way :)
Sounds like 22mm whiteline it is then! I really Want to get into this sport more, I feel like I'm pretty talented behind the wheel so I'm taking it pretty seriously. Thank you for the feedback!
Sponsored