SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
So seeing the Mk3 TT get moved out of STH got me thinking about a full-tilt build for the class. Simply put, can a Civic find 1.5 seconds in STH with allowable mods to match GS in PAX?

I'm thinking its possible but I'm not sure. We don't gain a whole lot in tire since we all run 255s but 265s on a 9" wheel might feel and work better. The idea of having camber and getting more runs out of tires is a nice thought. And...lowering the damn seat so my head doesn't have to stick out the sunroof is a great thought :)

What does everyone think?
Sponsored

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Tipple's car seems *ok.* It's fast, but no STH overdog. Where everything breaks down for me is the cost sheet of a 95% or more build compared to a lightly used Type R.

Turning a top GS car that's a nice DD into a modded, poor riding, depreciation special with major clutch concerns, or the best fwd hot hatch ever made that also happens to be the best car in DS?

If you happen to have a modded Si and aren't serious about national AX, STH is a great option. National aspirations though? I'd choose a different platform if I had to do STH, or better yet avoid STH altogether.

OP
OP

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
You do make a good point. I just browsed around on MAPerformance for fun and I think you could easily spend $7-8k if you wanted to go nuts...and that’s before you get to pimpy shocks.

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I agree with a couple of points that burglar has already made. Take the $8k plus the positive equity in your Si and get the car you really want. My wife and I have both a CTR and an Si, the headroom in the CTR is much more than the Si. I drive with a tilted head and the seat reclined further than I would like in her Si, whereas I'm on the wheel and upright in my CTR. As as added bonus, the CTR is a PAX monster in DS right now!
If that doesn't sound feasible for you, then get the coilovers, Hondata, downpipe, intake, and 9" wheels and go for it. You won't be as competitive in Pax, but you'll be having fun otherwise. Best of luck!

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Ive had the same thoughts but, the TT move isnt 100% and its only the 2016+. Theres still the Golf R, WRX, older TT, etc which will all be very fast. I think AWD is the car to have, at pros it wont matter since they split the class.

Tune, intake, turbo inlet pipe, Catted DP, real coilovers, front swaybar, clutch; I bet the cars are decently quick. probably 250+ HP and much lighter than most in the class, id bet 26xx range easy.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ive had the same thoughts but, the TT move isnt 100% and its only the 2016+. Theres still the Golf R, WRX, older TT, etc which will all be very fast. I think AWD is the car to have, at pros it wont matter since they split the class.

Tune, intake, turbo inlet pipe, Catted DP, real coilovers, front swaybar, clutch; I bet the cars are decently quick. probably 250+ HP and much lighter than most in the class, id bet 26xx range easy.
Those mods will definitely not comply with GS.

I'd say get the R. It is unbeatable in DS right now, and competitive in STM/STU/STR depending on mods.

I've owned both, modded both, and raced both. The R is just so much better in the turns.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
No shit? really? Tell me more! LOL
OP specifically asked what STH mods he could get away with that would coincide with GS. But it was super helpful of you to list off a bunch of basic bolt ons that probably no one has ever heard of! :thumbsup:

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
OP specifically asked what STH mods he could get away with that would coincide with GS. But it was super helpful of you to list off a bunch of basic bolt ons that probably no one has ever heard of! :thumbsup:
:doh: no, he asked how to build the car to match the GS pax with an STH car. IE can STH mods made up for the pax hit. I'm sorry that your too dense to understand basic reading.....

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
:doh: no, he asked how to build the car to match the GS pax with an STH car. IE can STH mods made up for the pax hit. I'm sorry that your too dense to understand basic reading.....
I don't think that's exactly right, PAX isn't really the concern - PAX doesn't really mean much of anything other than bench racing, shootouts at Pros, and who gets a free guitar at Lincoln in September.

The Civic Si is currently the best car in GS on most courses.

I don't think, even with an unlimited budget and development, that the Civic Si would be the best car in STH on almost any course. I could be wrong, of course.

That's cold, hard, National competitor logic, and that's how a lot of people play the game.

Now, would an Si be fun and fast with some front camber, 265s on 9s, and a tune? Heck yeah. Could someone take a well developed STH Si to Lincoln, put in a hero drive, and snag a trophy? Totally plausible.

All depends what OP is looking to do / get out of it.

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Could someone take a well developed STH Si to Lincoln, put in a hero drive, and snag a trophy? Totally plausible.
just like when TOMO drove Tipple’s car in Peru Pro last year, definitely kicked ass. So yes it’s possible...

OP
OP

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Naw, I asked if you could get mods to be equal in pax to GS, not mods that are allowable in GS. I’m already at that point now :D

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
I'd say get the R. It is unbeatable in DS right now, and competitive in STM/STU/STR depending on mods.
The STR MX-5 would beg to differ. :p

I agree on not modding an Si for STH. I don't think it's the car to have. I love mine for GS but when deciding to modify something I went with a different car, my STR prepped 2019 MX-5.