Civic Si Track Pad Options?

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Car(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
Prepping my daily Si coupe for the SCCA National Time Trial at PittRace next month. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for available track pads for the Si.

Thanks

Advertisement

sgtmorph

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Rallye Red)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Prepping my daily Si coupe for the SCCA National Time Trial at PittRace next month. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for available track pads for the Si.

Thanks
When I used to do events in my last Si, all I used was rotors and pads by StopTech, added stainless steel brake lines, and the high temp racing brake fluid. Literally held up amazing for me and never once experienced brake-fade. Few hundred bucks for all that worked out great vs buying a full BBK. Just my $0.02 cents tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
MarkR171

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I have a hard time believing StopTech pads would hold up to a TT session.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
see if Project MU or Carbotech make pads (i'm only experienced with subaru track pads.. not sure about civic availability). Keep in mind that dedicated track pads should NOT be used on the streets. they wont perform well when cold and they'll squeal like a mofo.

gt58

First Name
Garrett
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic sedan, 2004 STi
Country flag
see if Project MU or Carbotech make pads (i'm only experienced with subaru track pads.. not sure about civic availability). Keep in mind that dedicated track pads should NOT be used on the streets. they wont perform well when cold and they'll squeal like a mofo.
Track pads, DOT 4 fluid (i use RBF 600 in my 04 STi) and SS brake lines (optional)

OP
MarkR171

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Track pads, DOT 4 fluid (i use RBF 600 in my 04 STi) and SS brake lines (optional)
I contacted G-Loc and they confirmed they will make pads for the Si with any of their compounds if you order directly from them. I bought G-Loc R10 for the front and R8 for the rear.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone have experience with Project Mu pads? Thinking of going this route for my TT event next week

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can vouch for the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads for the Si. However i've been going to more track days and have been getting faster, and so i think i might need something even more aggressive. Hawk makes an HP+ pad, but they dont seem to be available for the Si.

Any info on EBC bluestuff? I figure the EBC yellowstuff is probably on par with the HPS 5.0 compound.

Advertisement

Advertisement