lampsscareme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, how would a 1.5L turbo non-Si Civic do against a completely stock Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ? On both from a standstill and rolling? Performance mods on my civic are Ktuner Stage 2 basemap, RV6 catless downpipe, Injen Short Ram Intake. Thanks guys
Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Country flag
Im not sure how much a EX-T gets from a Stage 2, but I went from a 2017 86 to a 2018 Sport hatch and in a straight line, I think it would be pretty even. If I put Ktuner on my Sport, it should be faster than a stock 86. The only thing the86 does well is handling, steering, and seating position. I sold it because it was absolutely gutless thanks to a torque dip and had the most linear acceleration I have ever felt.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
The twins' torque dip is really bad, especially with the pre-mm refresh. I test drove the twins multiple times and even took one out on a lengthy joyride. They do handle very well and I wanted one so bad but they just feel slow. The HVAC center stack is Yaris quality and I couldn't get over that either. If their power train was similar to the 1.5t I would have bought one, no contest (well, close to the SI's). Love the exterior of the GT86 refresh. My new SI feels so much faster (even if it's not much faster) than the twins.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
You would probably even or quite possibly edge out over the 86 because your torque comes on so mucb sooner and it doesnt fade out in the powerband like the 86.

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
I beat one from about 58mph to 100 easy peasy. I assume he was stock( so was I )and he looked pissed lolololol.

So glad you asked that question I been waiting to share that story on here