Changing to winter tires, how can I keep tire rotation maintenance minder accurate?

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
I know it basis the tire rotation interval off of the factory tires that were put on. When I finally do switch to snow tires how can I keep the maintenance minder accurate?
Sponsored

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I know it basis the tire rotation interval off of the factory tires that were put on. When I finally do switch to snow tires how can I keep the maintenance minder accurate?
You can not.

I just ignore it for tire rotation purposes as my tires get rotated each time I swap on and off the winters. I have the winters on from November to mid April so call it 5.5 months and the all seasons the other 6.5 months of the year. They way I see it, that is a tire rotation every 6 months and given the low amount of distance put on my Civic (less than 8,000 km per year) it's an over kill.

Others may differ depending on distance travelled, but then you'll have to keep track of it manually.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I'll just be ignoring mine. If I put a lot of kms on in a season I'll just keep track of the kms and just rotate them when they need to be. If you got a few thousand over the recommended miles/kms for a rotation it's not going to harm anything

OP
OP
Turbo

Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX-T, 98 TJ
Country flag
I'll just be ignoring mine. If I put a lot of kms on in a season I'll just keep track of the kms and just rotate them when they need to be. If you got a few thousand over the recommended miles/kms for a rotation it's not going to harm anything
What is the recommended miles for a rotation? I put on a obscene amount of miles per year. ( I bought my civic April 11 and already have 12,000 miles on it.)

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
What is the recommended miles for a rotation? I put on a obscene amount of miles per year. ( I bought my civic April 11 and already have 12,000 miles on it.)
According to this Honda dealer, tires should be rotated every 5,000 - 7,500 miles - http://www.scholfieldhonda.com/blog/car-care/how-often-should-you-rotate-your-tires.html

Tirerack says you should rotate every 3,000 - 5,000 miles (I'm surprised at how often it is, but they are the experts.) - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=43&

Tirerack has a pdf that you can print out to keep track of when you last rotated the tires.

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I've always been told 10,000km which is just over 6000 miles. I've been told that by tire shops since I've owned vehicles. A bit more or a bit less isn't going to hurt anything. Some people never even rotate their tires

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I've never looked at a maintenance minder. When I pull off my summer tires I write on the backside with a white grease pencil which wheel they were removed from and when I put them back on in the Spring, I swap them to different end of the car. I do the same with my snows.
Sponsored