Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Does anyone’s maintenance minder actually work? Mine shows the oil life but has never gone below 30 percent I was at 15k miles when I changed it. It never tells me to rotate tires or anything, shouldnt something pop up or a way to tell next time it wasn't me to do something? Brake fluid life left? Tranny fluid life left? My screen currently just says Oil B 100 percent.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First , what are you doing when there are no MM on car.
It is not because we have a new gadget we must forget how car work.
I don't use MM.

Ok to answer to your question, you MM look not to work or I did not understand what OP write

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Mine seems to work fine. If you still were showing 30% oil life left at 15,000 miles you either drive nearly 100% highway miles in the perfect climate or it isn't working properly. Also, after you do an oil change or service you should reset it.

Here's some nice info showing all the MM codes that might pop up:

https://www.mainlinehonda.com/servicedept.cfm/page/maintenance-minder-codes-1004/
99 percent highway and I use the mobile 1 extended so 12k is usually when I change it. But ya the system has never blinked or bothered me about needing anything, shouldn't like a wrench or something come up?

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Does the tire rotation come on for you guys? I'm guessing every 3000 miles? Mine has never told me to rotate anything

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Since my MM oil change comes up every 5,000 miles or so (I do a lot of congested stop and go) the rotation comes up every other oil change so far.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do tire rotation at 12,000 miles, never mind MM say.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I never wait for it to go below 30%. However, I did get the wrench light with an A-7 reminder to change the brake fluid at 45K.

I think the oil reminder is the only one that gives you warning. It would be nice if the other codes also gave a warning.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine works well, really enjoying the feature so far honestly. Also makes it so my dealer doesn't have room to nickel-and-dime for extra stuff at service time.

I get the tire rotation code at roughly 40 or 50% oil life each time. Any other codes usually tack on at 40%. I'm at 40% and have an upcoming B12, but the 1 didn't come on 'til 50%, and the 2 at 40%.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
But you can't view the percentage of each before the light comes on. That is only there for oil.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
They do, look at page: 486 of your user manual (U.S. Models)
page: 487 (Canadian models)
Well, if that is true, then either it doesn't work, or when I asked them to rotate the tires, then they must reset that counter back to zero, even though the MM did not come one.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I have a sort of related inquiry about the Maintenance Minder.

I don't go to the Stealership for service. I bring it to the local guy. They are very good and accommodating, and they won't push doing service that is not needed (sadly a major rarity today).

I know they reset the oil life indicator, because after an oil change it will be back on 100%. But what I do not know is if they are resetting anything else. Obviously any Honda sites you go to will say ZOMG DO NOT GO ANYWHERE EXCEPT A HONDA DEALER AND DO NOT USE ANYTHING EXCEPT GENUINE HONDA OVERPRICED FLUIDS AND PARTS.

So therefore I am asking if I should be worried about other items, such as Transmission Fluid and such. I haven't really been giving it much thought until now, just assuming the maintenance minder would tell me if anything was due. But I was not aware that the MM could be fully reset and so now I am a bit concerned that it may not indicate anything when it should. Is there a way to check in the menus when the MM is saying things are due? I will know there is an issue if it says something stupid that doesn't seem to make sense. They should not be resetting anything except the oil life, but until I can go home this afternoon and check I am just grasping at air.

For what it's worth, I have a 2017 EX-T with 24,000 miles on it. I religiously change the oil between every 4 - 5 k and do tire rotations every other oil change.

I don't have a garage, so it is stuck outside in the cold winter and hot summer ...

Thanks
Sponsored