Maintenance Minder Questions

delayedend

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hyundai Kona N, 17 Civic Coupe Touring (Sold)
Country flag
Hello, I've heard that when the maintenance minder screen will show additional maintenance items other than oil when it hits 15%. I'm wondering if there is any way to display this information before 15%. (I have a 2017 Coupe Touring if it matters) Also, stupid question, when service is done, say a dealership changes spark plugs, do they have to flash some sort of code to tell the car that it was changed or is it automatic? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My 2016 Touring only shows oil life % before any MM warnings, unfortunately.

There is a menu item to reset the MM items. It's not automatic.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Press the information button on your steering wheel. Toggle left or right until you see the wrench on the screen. Press the OK button. You will see oil life and below it you will see A or B and possibly numbers. Those numbers tell you what other maintenance is due.

When you complete a maintenance item (whether it is due or not), you have to go into the Maintenance section of the infotainment system and reset the maintenance minder. On the display, go to Home, settings, vehicle, maintenance, then reset the items you completed.

You can find this information in the owners manual which can easily be found on Honda’s website.