Cargo Liner for Si Coupe w/ Spare Tire Kit

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
After installing the spare tire kit into my '19 Si Coupe the OEM cargo tray doesn't fit very well because the floor is raised and the sides taper. It is now really difficult to move around to get into the storage underneath because the tray is so stiff and wedged in there so tightly; has anyone found a more flexible, good fitting cargo tray / liner that will fit the Coupe with the spare tire kit?
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Ooph yeah that's a good point. I wonder how something like WeatherTech or 3D Maxpider would fit in comparison. Could always purchase from Amazon or Walmart and then return if it doesn't work any better.

OP
OP
B0nez

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
Unfortunately 3D Maxpider doesn't sell the cargo tray for the '19 Si Coupe (I contacted them to ask) else I would have ordered it when I got the maxpiders for the rest of my car (they are frikkin awesome!)
I've used weathertech in the past for other vehicles and know they are very exacting and stiff as well so I am guessing they would not fit either. :(

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's odd ... mine fits fine.
(see attached photo)

Honda Civic 10th gen Cargo Liner for Si Coupe w/ Spare Tire Kit 20190822_205636

TPA_CivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
After installing the spare tire kit into my '19 Si Coupe the OEM cargo tray doesn't fit very well because the floor is raised and the sides taper. It is now really difficult to move around to get into the storage underneath because the tray is so stiff and wedged in there so tightly; has anyone found a more flexible, good fitting cargo tray / liner that will fit the Coupe with the spare tire kit?
Just a guess, but... as I understand it, the spare tire is standard equipment on the Canadian model. Maybe a trunk liner from Canada would work. I found this, but it's not cheap...

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased the liner from the dealer that I bought the car from (AutoNation)

In MY opinion (and experience with THIS liner) it actually fits my Coupe better with the Spare Tire Kit installed.
I think that is because the "walls" of the trunk taper (narrower at the bottom than the top) ... so lifting the floor of the trunk about 3 inches allows a bit more room to fit in smoothly ... almost like it was designed to work with the Spare Tire Kit, rather than without it.

There's no space around the edges of the trunk liner.
I don't have to force it down into place, and there are no creases or wrinkles around the edges, where it's being pinched and compressed, like there were before I had the Spare Tire Kit.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
I purchased the liner from the dealer that I bought the car from (AutoNation)

In MY opinion (and experience with THIS liner) it actually fits my Coupe better with the Spare Tire Kit installed.
I think that is because the "walls" of the trunk taper (narrower at the bottom than the top) ... so lifting the floor of the trunk about 3 inches allows a bit more room to fit in smoothly ... almost like it was designed to work with the Spare Tire Kit, rather than without it.

There's no space around the edges of the trunk liner.
I don't have to force it down into place, and there are no creases or wrinkles around the edges, where it's being pinched and compressed, like there were before I had the Spare Tire Kit.
how much vertical space is lost with the spare tire in the coupe trunk?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how much vertical space is lost with the spare tire in the coupe trunk?
About 3 inches (3.5" max. depending on the size tire you put on the wheel)
Now that I have had it for about 4 months, I can honestly say that I haven't noticed that I have less space, and that I haven't found that I needed that space to fit something in the trunk.

69L46Vert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe, 2003 Civic DX, 1977 CJ5, 1969 Corvette, 1954 GMC 100, 2018 Toyota 4Runner, 1965 Volkswagen Beetle
Country flag
I agree with BugBoy. Seems perfectly natural. Don't miss the reduced space at all. And the peace of mind of having a real spare is comforting. The inflation device that the car comes with fits under the pass. seat nicely. And you still have that option if you choose it.
Sponsored