20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag
The OEM spare tire kit comes with the spare rim (you need to order and have the tire installed separately which you can order anywhere). It also comes with the car jack, jack handle, mounting bolt to attach your spare tire/rim to the metal bottom of your trunk, foam spacers in the middle and surrounding the spare to bring the surrounding floor height even with the spare, and the gray semi-carpet top panel. Basically, everything you see in my pics above except the plastic trunk tray. You won't use the foam insert or semi-carpet top that came with the car. I also ordered seperately a tire plug kit and keep the factory air compressor in the trunk as well. Hence, I can plug a nail hole or change out out and use the spare, it's good to have choices. :)
Sponsored

pinhead

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks, that's a thorough review.

RM

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
So I'm confused. Is 06421-TBJ-A10ZA the right part for the SI Coupe? I see it mentioned as it's for the sedan? But the honda part store says it's for the Coupe

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
So I'm confused. Is 06421-TBJ-A10ZA the right part for the SI Coupe? I see it mentioned as it's for the sedan? But the honda part store says it's for the Coupe
I know this is not a direct answer to your question, but I emailed Honda directly about the parts. Below is the response I got from them:

"Based on the VIN provided we would advise that you order part: 06421-TBF-A10ZA. If you have any further inquiries we would encourage you to reach out to the Parts Department of your preferred Honda Dealership"

That is the full kit for a 2020 Civic Si Sedan. I tried to order it online at a few of the large Honda parts suppliers but they cancelled my order saying it was out of stock with no anticipated return date. Sorry this isn't a direct answer to you, but when I was looking for mine the parts websites had me confused as well. Hopefully this helps someone else out.

From what I gather, 06421-TBJ-A10ZA is the correct part for the Si Coupe. Maybe someone with the kit and coupe could confirm though.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know this is not a direct answer to your question, but I emailed Honda directly about the parts. Below is the response I got from them:

"Based on the VIN provided we would advise that you order part: 06421-TBF-A10ZA. If you have any further inquiries we would encourage you to reach out to the Parts Department of your preferred Honda Dealership"

That is the full kit for a 2020 Civic Si Sedan. I tried to order it online at a few of the large Honda parts suppliers but they cancelled my order saying it was out of stock with no anticipated return date. Sorry this isn't a direct answer to you, but when I was looking for mine the parts websites had me confused as well. Hopefully this helps someone else out.

From what I gather, 06421-TBJ-A10ZA is the correct part for the Si Coupe. Maybe someone with the kit and coupe could confirm though.
Thanks. I placed an order for 06421-TBJ-A10ZA from a dealer's online shop yesterday. We'll see where this goes.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An update on 06421-TBJ-A10ZA for my SI Coupe with AS tires

My local dealer couldn't fill the order since it was on back order but hondapartshq.com out in Utah had the kit in stock so I ordered thru them. Total cost shipped to Northeast was around $230 = $170 + $60 shipping. Ordered Tue. Delivered Sunday. Hondapartshq told me the part # wasn't exactly correct for my car but the correct part is on back order and the only difference they can find was the placard. From the placard in the kit, it looked like TBJ-A10ZA is for the SI Coupe with Summer Tires. Base on this experince, my conclusion is

06421-TBJ-A10ZA SI Coupe with summer tire
06421-TBJ-A00ZA Si Coupe with AS tire

And for the sedan, just replace TBJ with TBF.

I can only guaranteed the correctness for the part # 06421-TBJ-A10ZA. Always confirm with your seller.

Shipping box.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork upload_2020-3-30_17-13-26

Rim
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork upload_2020-3-30_17-13-47

Placard on car
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork upload_2020-3-30_17-13-58

Placard from kit
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork upload_2020-3-30_17-14-10

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the follow up. I'll try them out to see if I can get one too.
Just so you understand, my post was not an endorsement for hondapartshq.com. I was just confirming the part numbers.

The shipping box looked pretty sad. The inside packing was lacking and had just paper and shredded cardboard. And one of a foam spacer broke. But everything else was ok and looked new and they said they would send me a new foam spacer for free. So I was ok. I came out ok I think. YMMV.

Last edited:

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got mine from Honda Parts HQ. $176 + $60 shipping = $236. Ordered on Feb 28th. They immediately advised me it was on back order and they didn't have a release date. They asked if I wanted to proceed and I said "yes" (having previously seen on here that they were always back ordered). It shipped on March 9th and I received it on the 13th. The packaging was pretty good for me. Now I just need the tire...

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Just received mine from Honda Parts HQ. Ordered part number: 06421-TBF-A10ZA . Price was right at $230 and I bought the same spare tire as this post, it cost me $76 though. Ordered on 1 Apr 2020 and received on 14 Apr 2020. Called before hand to check availability, they said they could get it from a warehouse in a week then ship it out. Also asked for a discount code and they gave me one over the phone. Very happy with the service and product I received. Now I don't have to worry about waiting on a tow or something if I get a flat. The only thing I don't like is now there is no spot to put the air compressor, I ended up putting it under the passenger seat for now. I can also tuck my jumper cables under the trunk floor now, which I like, no more sliding around the trunk. Thank you to @bikejog and @Conor for the site suggestion.

Below is a table I created to show the measurements for space lost due to the kit. They are a little rough and may be off by a quarter inch or so (it's tough to measure, photo and have it focus properly solo). Hopefully the measurement location names make sense. The pictures are just so you can see where I took measurements from.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork 1586884165656

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork IUW2KsW

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork Li9oSL

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork i4Pbozt

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork xgPUHo6

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork nPcGsx9

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just received mine from Honda Parts HQ. Ordered part number: 06421-TBF-A10ZA . Price was right at $230 and I bought the same spare tire as this post, it cost me $76 though. Ordered on 1 Apr 2020 and received on 14 Apr 2020. Called before hand to check availability, they said they could get it from a warehouse in a week then ship it out. Also asked for a discount code and they gave me one over the phone. Very happy with the service and product I received. Now I don't have to worry about waiting on a tow or something if I get a flat. The only thing I don't like is now there is no spot to put the air compressor, I ended up putting it under the passenger seat for now. I can also tuck my jumper cables under the trunk floor now, which I like, no more sliding around the trunk. Thank you to @bikejog and @Conor for the site suggestion.
Glad it worked out for you. I received the free replacement foam and it was perfect so I'm happy with hondapartshq.com now. I ended up getting the Continental T125/70R17. This is a radial tire vs bias ply like the one you got. The one Honda sells for $100 is also a radial tire but it's a shity Chinese tire.

I did ran into some hiccups finding a place to mount the tire. AAA, Goodyear, Firestone, and PepBoys all said they couldn't do it because their machines couldn't handle donuts. And two Honda dealers refused to do it because I didn't buy the tire from them. I did find a Honda dealer 30 miles away offer to do it for $20. The garage down the street also offered to do it for $20 and they said balancing is not required for donuts. So I figured it would be stupid to pay $20 for just that so I did it myself. Twenty minutes of time and $20 richer. lol...

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
That's crazy no one would do it for you. I took it to the local shop and they put it on for $8. Could I have done it myself, probably. For $8 I let them work the magic and save myself some hassle.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's crazy no one would do it for you. I took it to the local shop and they put it on for $8. Could I have done it myself, probably. For $8 I let them work the magic and save myself some hassle.
Yeah I couldn't figure out what it is. AAA and some tire place told me out right over the phone they couldn't do it once I mention the tire size. Firestone and Goodyear said they could do it for $25 ~ $35 over the phone, but both turned me away once they saw the tire. Pep boys told me to come in and they'll put it on their machine and see if they could do it. Yeah right, no thanks. I figured Honda dealer's machine probably can handle this size. The local garage probably gonna mount the tire by hand anyway and I'm sure I'll take better care of my rim than they would have. So I just did it.

DALZ102

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Anybody tried a Modern Spare kit? They make them for Accord Hybrids, Claritys, & Insights.
They're only about $400 shipped.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anybody tried a Modern Spare kit? They make them for Accord Hybrids, Claritys, & Insights.
They're only about $400 shipped.
I went on their website and they don't do Civics.

Even if they did for $400, it's more than what I paid $230 shipped for the Honda OEM Kit plus $95 shipped for a good Continental radial tire.
Sponsored