Cancer on interior plastics

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Does anyone else have blemishes on the plastic surrounding the climate control and on the gauge cluster?

I noticed this prior to delivery but thought it just needed to be properly cleaned, to my surprise I was not able to clean these surfaces. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or if maybe it was an isolated problem.

Thanks -Chad-
Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics 01.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics 02.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics 03.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics 04.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics 05.JPG

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I agree take it in, to me it looks like somebody used the wrong chemical on those surfaces and obviously ruined them.

crvfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r, 1993 civic 3dr, 1987 crx si, 2004 element awd, 2004 tsx, 1990 civic 3dr
Yes bring it in right away, maybe they used something at the dealer to wipe it down and it damaged it. I could see those parts having plastic over them prior to delivery. Maybe there was adhesive left over and some jerk off took Brake clean and a rag to try take it off. I've heard of nightmare stories like this in the prep department.

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
thats is definately some sort of wrong chemical sprayed to clean the plastic. WOW.. that dealer's detail shop sucks big time.

OP
OP
Chad

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
I have already taken it in to the local dealer and they are going to submit it to the local rep. I also talked to the dealer where I purchased it (400 miles away) and they insured me that they do not use chemicals on new vehicles.

Worse case I will have to replace the parts myself, looks like about $175 worth of parts.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I have already taken it in to the local dealer and they are going to submit it to the local rep. I also talked to the dealer where I purchased it (400 miles away) and they insured me that they do not use chemicals on new vehicles.

Worse case I will have to replace the parts myself, looks like about $175 worth of parts.
I'm sure that's what they claim but the reality is that they don't know what the detailing kid is doing all the time. He could have grabbed the wrong bottle or rag to wipe down but that doesn't change the fact that someone definately wiped your car down with a chemical that was not safe for plastic finishes.

OP
OP
Chad

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
I have the exact same issue as well as other in the Facebook page. It annoys the crap outta me!

Would you mind posting some pics please? How many others would you say have this issue?

I don't have Facebook...

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Does anyone else have blemishes on the plastic surrounding the climate control and on the gauge cluster?

I noticed this prior to delivery but thought it just needed to be properly cleaned, to my surprise I was not able to clean these surfaces. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or if maybe it was an isolated problem.

Thanks -Chad-
01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG
That's from being wiped down with a solution of isopropyl Alcohol or a solvent based cleaner.

100% guaranteed. I did it to mine trying to remove the smudges.

Dealer will warranty and the plastic lens only cost $16. I have two extras here as I hate the plastic scratches.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
yikes man! as previously stated that is from somebody using a chemical they should not have when cleaning those surfaces. whoever is working at the detail center where you bought your car needs to be properly trained

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Looks like they used brake cleaner on plastic to remove adhesive residue.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ouch that looks awful, definitely an eye sore. Hope this gets resolved quickly.
Sponsored