SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know what this rattle could be? Here is a video. I didn’t make this video but I have the same issue.

Sponsored

willsughrua

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 4dr sedan 2.0 2020
Country flag
Hey there

I have the exact same problem. Did you figure it out

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know what this rattle could be? Here is a video. I didn’t make this video but I have the same issue.

I figure out what’s rattling by just touching my hand to various surfaces until the rattle goes away. Thats how I know where the rattle is.

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si
Country flag

Mine is the speaker in my 2020 si... try putting your hand on it when driving. (EDIT) In the center of dash speaker

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is the speaker in my 2020 si... try putting your hand on it when driving. (EDIT) In the center of dash speaker
Onward to another fix #CenterSpeakerRattle! We all know about / have the center speaker rattle, especially upon cold start-up, and for anyone with an upgraded RMM, it's even worse! So, tackled that today.

I found that pressing on the dash right next to the speaker grill corner closest to the driver stopped the rattle, which suggests that there are some components in that area babbling to one another upon start-up, and I want them to stop talking during class. ??

So, in this pic, you can see were I stuck a finger into the gap (?) between the dash and the vent tube, as evidenced by a lack of dust right under that corner.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Rattle - help! img_1759-jpe

Now, after cleaning off the remainder of the dust, I used my handy NVH Damper System™️...

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Rattle - help! img_1761-jpe

to stacked, then shove, two small strips into that exact area, pressing against both the underside of the dash (via a little molding fin hanging down) and the vent tube.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Rattle - help! img_1760-jpe

Huzzah! No more dash rattle!

Do this! Do this now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SGP_TypeR

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
How did you get the speaker out? Mine appears to be stuck in.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you get the speaker out? Mine appears to be stuck in.
I just pulled upward around the edges using my fingers. It's tight, but it'll move. Don't be scrrrrd! ?

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
I have to do this to mine this weekend. It’s beyond annoying.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Onward to another fix #CenterSpeakerRattle! We all know about / have the center speaker rattle, especially upon cold start-up, and for anyone with an upgraded RMM, it's even worse! So, tackled that today.

I found that pressing on the dash right next to the speaker grill corner closest to the driver stopped the rattle, which suggests that there are some components in that area babbling to one another upon start-up, and I want them to stop talking during class. ??

So, in this pic, you can see were I stuck a finger into the gap (?) between the dash and the vent tube, as evidenced by a lack of dust right under that corner.

img_1759-jpeg.jpg

Now, after cleaning off the remainder of the dust, I used my handy NVH Damper System™️...

img_1761-jpeg.jpg

to stacked, then shove, two small strips into that exact area, pressing against both the underside of the dash (via a little molding fin hanging down) and the vent tube.

img_1760-jpeg.jpg

Do this! Do this now!
UPDATE!

For the most part, this issue has been solves, but I've noticed a slight buzzing in that general area still on start-up. So, I might fish around in there again to see if I can find any culprits. Overall, though, still much better than before!

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I think It is mentioned on the thread I linked above, but what I did in my center speaker area was stuff the entire region with speaker cabinet filler.

Some nice compactible, non-flammable stuffing - It keeps everything tight / padded and rattle free, and it (Theoretically) has some acoustic benefits too.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think It is mentioned on the thread I linked above, but what I did in my center speaker area was stuff the entire region with speaker cabinet filler.

Some nice compactible, non-flammable stuffing - It keeps everything tight / padded and rattle free, and it (Theoretically) has some acoustic benefits too.
Right, I saw that. Might have to. ??

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

img_1759-jpeg.jpg

img_1761-jpeg.jpg

img_1760-jpeg.jpg

Do this! Do this now!
UPDATE: ? It’s back with a vengeance! At this point, I’ve stuffed foam into many different gaps under that area of the dash, and even a rolled-up microfiber cloth into the tiny gap toward the windshield, and that worked for a bit, but now I have what sounds like a small pebble rattling around in there, only at certain RPMs (around 1,500RPMs). WTH?!

Needless to say, once I find a fix, and I will find a fix, I’ll be shouting it from the CivicX rooftops. ? Stay tuned!

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you glue it in or use adhesive? I imagine if you don't the material will shift around from bumps and higher rpms

Edit: nvm, looks like it was stick on. Idk, clean the area with alcohol before you stick it on? unless the rattle has changed positions.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
UPDATE: ? It’s back with a vengeance! At this point, I’ve stuffed foam into many different gaps under that area of the dash, and even a rolled-up microfiber cloth into the tiny gap toward the windshield, and that worked for a bit, but now I have what sounds like a small pebble rattling around in there, only at certain RPMs (around 1,500RPMs). WTH?!

Needless to say, once I find a fix, and I will find a fix, I’ll be shouting it from the CivicX rooftops. ? Stay tuned!
Have you find a Fix Yet?
Sponsored