Hondadude95

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r/ fg4 si
Country flag
So I recently just went through this and haven’t really found a post to tell you what’s bad, so here we go.
If your map lights dome lights and trunk lights are out and you keep blowing your #18 10 amp fuse it’s a short to ground with your visors or dome lights. Basically drop the lights out and undo the 2 screws each lamp assy and jiggle the wires while having someone check the right side of fuse 18 for the ground to be returned to no input. When operating correctly it should have b+ on the circuit with the fuse in, but when these wires make contact it grounds the blue wire that runs to the interior cut relay on pin 13 of that circuit board relay and come out of pin 12 (red, right next to the light blue) then proceeds to the bcm to connector c108. I disconnected c108 to be sure there were no issues pre BCM it shouldn’t have power or ground on fuse 18 at the same test point we were using. If that’s good drop the map light assy and dome light assy disconnect the the plastic pieces from the roof and visually inspect the wires and wiggy them to see if the ground goes away on fuse 18. If nothing changes pull the sun visors down and move them from left to right to determine which part of the circuit is grounding. For me it was the visors but people claim to have issues with the listed items, good luck! ?
Sponsored