Eduardo Martins

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
So I installed a new system, 4 channel amp, new LC2I. Originally had no taillights so the fuse fixed that issue but I don’t have any backlights for any of my climate control systems or any of my lights on the shifter column. Also, the moonroof light isn’t lighting up. I think they’re all connected together. Any ideas?
Hi, first time in forum. i have had the same problem. the reason for the ambinet light and dash/ac buttons, etc aren`t iluminated is because you connected the air conditioning controller connector to the audio unit, and damaged one circuit inside gauge cluster. I have managed to solve the problem in a quite simple way... there are two outputs for interior lighting from the dash: pin 15 and 16. since the type r has no roof, the 16 isn´t used. so i changed the pin from 15 to 16 and everything was working again!! hope this helps.
Sponsored

mau_fk7

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 2019 hatchback cvt
Country flag
Hi, first time in forum. i have had the same problem. the reason for the ambinet light and dash/ac buttons, etc aren`t iluminated is because you connected the air conditioning controller connector to the audio unit, and damaged one circuit inside gauge cluster. I have managed to solve the problem in a quite simple way... there are two outputs for interior lighting from the dash: pin 15 and 16. since the type r has no roof, the 16 isn´t used. so i changed the pin from 15 to 16 and everything was working again!! hope this helps.
Hi friend, where I can find the connector with pin 15-16? I have/done the same issue ?
Thank you so much, really appreciate if you help me

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag

Man I would love to know this as well. I taken my stereo out before and no issues. After starting it up without the climate control part plugged in the center console and climate control backlight no longer works.

Eduardo Martins

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
In gauge cluster you have one conector with a light blue wire in pin 15. In my case, European fk8, there is no wire in the same conector in pin 16. And you can see in the diagram that inside the gauge there is another output for interior lighting used in other models but not used in fk8. So I just moved this light Blue wire from 15 to 16 pin.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In gauge cluster you have one conector with a light blue wire in pin 15. In my case, European fk8, there is no wire in the same conector in pin 16. And you can see in the diagram that inside the gauge there is another output for interior lighting used in other models but not used in fk8. So I just moved this light Blue wire from 15 to 16 pin.
So we have to take out the cluster on our dashboard and just move this wire? From what I am seeing is the cluster that outputs the ambient light to the ac/clmate/center shifting console part has shorted out from connecting the ac into the stereo? I guess my only option is buying another cluster to fix it. Since I have an SI and it uses the roof.

Last edited:

Kyle Moss

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-r
Country flag
Worked ... thanks a mil

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

Kyle Moss

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-r
Country flag
Worked ... thanks a mil
Hey i have a 2017 Honda fk8 Type r

Sorry, i did take any pictures.

There is a video on youtube showing how to pull down the dashboard. After that just swtich around the wires.

If you need more help you could always message.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey i have a 2017 Honda fk8 Type r

Sorry, i did take any pictures.

There is a video on youtube showing how to pull down the dashboard. After that just swtich around the wires.

If you need more help you could always message.
Oh darn I have an si. I was hoping it was an si.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry i couldn't help
All good. It’s not really important but I just really wanted to see if anyone was able to fix it. Losing my sunroof for the ambient light isn’t worth it.

Asad01*

First Name
Rola rapa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019
Country flag
Hi. Experts. I am facing problem with my honda civic Xl 10th generation interior center console geart shifter digit and AC knobs lights. My vehicle was go under repair for passanger air bag. Dashboard was opened and refixed. Every thing is working perfectly only in a problem in evening my vehicle internal lights in center console is not only working. I attached photographs before and after for expert’s reference. Fuse and fixing the internal connections already double checked.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior lights not working 3BDD3364-B409-436B-98FD-24D36FC9FEEE

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior lights not working 4ED821F0-EAF3-424D-A4F2-C2C65B1B5D8D

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi. Experts. I am facing problem with my honda civic Xl 10th generation interior center console geart shifter digit and AC knobs lights. My vehicle was go under repair for passanger air bag. Dashboard was opened and refixed. Every thing is working perfectly only in a problem in evening my vehicle internal lights in center console is not only working. I attached photographs before and after for expert’s reference. Fuse and fixing the internal connections already double checked.

3BDD3364-B409-436B-98FD-24D36FC9FEEE.jpeg

4ED821F0-EAF3-424D-A4F2-C2C65B1B5D8D.jpeg
It’s the odometer or also known as the cluster. Whoever touched the car input the climate model wire into the stereo. This causes to short the backlight of it. I did this on my 2018 si. If using the original one it is dead. So I bought a extra used cluster and plugged it in and the extra used cluster light turned back on. I’m not sure if dealerships can fix it for us which is probably going to cost several hundreds. But if you use another odometer it will not read your original cluster mileage. Instead it will read from the other car it last was on.