Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Wish I could’ve helped some more. Yeah let us know what it was. That way if anybody else runs into that problem they could see your post and know where to start. Good luck
Honda is now trying to blame my aftermarket LED corner markers for the lights not working.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Honda is now trying to blame my aftermarket LED corner markers for the lights not working.
So if you put the originals back in will it fix the problem?

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
So if you put the originals back in will it fix the problem?
No, they are trying to say that the led corner markers are the reason that this happened. which we know is not the issue. the issue was something that happened from taking apart the center dash.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, they are trying to say that the led corner markers are the reason that this happened. which we know is not the issue. the issue was something that happened from taking apart the center dash.
Ok so basically they are saying that because they have no clue what the problem really is?

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Ok so basically they are saying that because they have no clue what the problem really is?
Yes. SO they looked at the sidemarkers being wired into the blinkers and blaming my interior lights in the center console on this. if they were the cause the fuse would pop and we wouldn't have this issue. its impossible lol. If they are going to blame me and not cover it I might as well tell them what I was doing and that way they know where to actually look lol

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. SO they looked at the sidemarkers being wired into the blinkers and blaming my interior lights in the center console on this. if they were the cause the fuse would pop and we wouldn't have this issue. its impossible lol. If they are going to blame me and not cover it I might as well tell them what I was doing and that way they know where to actually look lol
I guess you could but it sounds like they found their excuse not to fix it. That’s the problem with taking it to mechanics nowadays, because it’s all about getting you in and out as fast as possible. So they don’t have time to troubleshoot so problems that take too long to fix they won’t mess with or blame it on something totally unrelated

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
I guess you could but it sounds like they found their excuse not to fix it. That’s the problem with taking it to mechanics nowadays, because it’s all about getting you in and out as fast as possible. So they don’t have time to troubleshoot so problems that take too long to fix they won’t mess with or blame it on something totally unrelated
Yeah. They found the issue. They said it was a short on the ground side of the wiring harness. So the side markers didn’t do it. (Which you and I knew haha). So they ordered the wiring harness and are fixing it.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah. They found the issue. They said it was a short on the ground side of the wiring harness. So the side markers didn’t do it. (Which you and I knew haha). So they ordered the wiring harness and are fixing it.
Good deal! Lol

BigKyle18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey, I know this thread is old but I just wanted to say that I had the same issue as you and I had another solution to it that may work for other people. Since I was looking online and couldn't find a good straight answer I'll add this here just encase anyone else has the same problem. If your tail lights are out as well it it could be the A13 10 AMP fuse that's located under the hood of your vehicle. This is a diagram showing which fuse it is.

Hondadude95

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r/ fg4 si
Country flag
Hey man did they tell you where the short was?

Nathanrose30

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I installed a new system, 4 channel amp, new LC2I. Originally had no taillights so the fuse fixed that issue but I don’t have any backlights for any of my climate control systems or any of my lights on the shifter column. Also, the moonroof light isn’t lighting up. I think they’re all connected together. Any ideas?

Hondadude95

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r/ fg4 si
Country flag
So I installed a new system, 4 channel amp, new LC2I. Originally had no taillights so the fuse fixed that issue but I don’t have any backlights for any of my climate control systems or any of my lights on the shifter column. Also, the moonroof light isn’t lighting up. I think they’re all connected together. Any ideas?
Pull up a wiring diagram see if they share and equal ground or power circuit and then disconnect one by one to figure out what is bad

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Which wiring harness was bad?

Kyle Moss

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-r
Country flag

Good Evening,

I have the same issue. You you have any pictures of the bad wire harness ? Trying to figure out what i am looking for
Sponsored