Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you find a Fix Yet?
So, other posts across the webs have indicated that the rattle is from a bracket holding the two shifter cables that is mounted in the tunnel between the lower firewall and the steering rack. This is hard to describe, basically, from above, if you look downward at the back of the engine, follow where the shifter cables leave the engine bay to underneath the sheet metal firewall. You should be able to stick your hand into that tunnel to ā€˜feelā€™ the L-shaped bracket. Apparently, that bracket needs to be pushed either up or down because thatā€™s whatā€˜s causing the rattle. I tried it last week, pushing it up a bit, and it seems to have made a difference, but it did not completely solve the issue. Iā€™m going to try moving it upward more (basically bending the bracket a bit) to see what happens.

Stay tuned!
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, other posts across the webs have indicated that the rattle is from a bracket holding the two shifter cables that is mounted in the tunnel between the lower firewall and the steering rack. This is hard to describe, basically, from above, if you look downward at the back of the engine, follow where the shifter cables leave the engine bay to underneath the sheet metal firewall. You should be able to stick your hand into that tunnel to ā€˜feelā€™ the L-shaped bracket. Apparently, that bracket needs to be pushed either up or down because thatā€™s whatā€˜s causing the rattle. I tried it last week, pushing it up a bit, and it seems to have made a difference, but it did not completely solve the issue. Iā€™m going to try moving it upward more (basically bending the bracket a bit) to see what happens.

Stay tuned!
UPDATE: So, another member on here figured out that a piece of the heater core venting was the source of the rattle, and it was traveling up the dash. Not sure where their post is, but I tried a modified version of their fix, and thus far it seems to have worked! šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ¼šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Under the driverā€™s knee panel, youā€™ll find two foot vents attached near the breather tube. Pressure on those vents (up, down, forward, or backward) will eliminate the rattle. So, I placed a 1ā€ spacer wrapped in Tesa tape between a frame bolt and the vent.
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Rattle - help! 0E177555-B4E6-4D5E-AAE6-F5B68B292772

Stay tuned! Iā€™ll report back with more drive time. But, so far, nice and quiet!

CTRCAL

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
UPDATE: ? Itā€™s back with a vengeance! At this point, Iā€™ve stuffed foam into many different gaps under that area of the dash, and even a rolled-up microfiber cloth into the tiny gap toward the windshield, and that worked for a bit, but now I have what sounds like a small pebble rattling around in there, only at certain RPMs (around 1,500RPMs). WTH?!

Needless to say, once I find a fix, and I will find a fix, Iā€™ll be shouting it from the CivicX rooftops. ? Stay tuned!
i just read this entire post and didnt realize how heavily involved you were in trying to solve this issue.

Glad i gave you some lead to finding this issue. Hope your fix is permanently. Please update if the noise comes back!

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i just read this entire post and didnt realize how heavily involved you were in trying to solve this issue.

Glad i gave you some lead to finding this issue. Hope your fix is permanently. Please update if the noise comes back!
Yeah, this has been a perennial issue. šŸ˜… so far, so quiet!
Sponsored