Can I re-sell my CTR above purchase price in Ontario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I wonder if someone in the States can go to Canada and buy a car. What are the import fees like?
according to my cousin who's from Calgary, he states the car is already inflated when it gets to Canada as their vehicles are more expensive compared to ours due to taxes..etc. Then we'd have to pay transport and border fees..etc. Not sure the exact #s, so someone that's done it can comment. It would probably in the mid 40s after all said and done. Same as paying ADM..
Sponsored

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
OP hasn't responded, definitely seems like he is feeling out the market.

You can't get a good interest rate with a second owner car. Main reason I wouldn't buy a CTR used for even MSRP that only has 11 miles on it.

There are idiots out there though. :confused:

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
OP hasn't responded, definitely seems like he is feeling out the market.

You can't get a good interest rate with a second owner car. Main reason I wouldn't buy a CTR used for even MSRP that only has 11 miles on it.

There are idiots out there though. :confused:
You mean you have to be an idiot to buy a CTR brand new from a dealership at MSRP.lol. ;)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I'm about to get possession of the CTR that I've had my deposit down for since January (next week). Unfortunately, it came sooner than I'd hoped, and my budget really isn't ready for it yet.

So, I'm thinking of selling it and trying to get a small markup for my trouble $4K or $5K. If I can't get at least a little bit extra, I won't bother and I'll just keep the car. (This wasn't my original plan... I'm only doing it because I'm not really ready for the full purchase right now.)

Anyway, does anyone know if re-selling a brand new car for a markup is allowed in Ontario? I know there'd be tax on both sales (to do it legally, which I would be doing), but I'm just wondering if there's some regulation preventing me from even trying to do this?

You contradict yourself dude. Your budget isn't ready for it, but you will keep it if you don't turn a profit? I thought your budget wasn't ready for it? How can you suddenly afford it if nobody buys it from you for the profit you want.

If you can't afford it you have one choice;
1. Pass on it and allow the next person to get it.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm about to get possession of the CTR that I've had my deposit down for since January (next week). Unfortunately, it came sooner than I'd hoped, and my budget really isn't ready for it yet.

So, I'm thinking of selling it and trying to get a small markup for my trouble $4K or $5K. If I can't get at least a little bit extra, I won't bother and I'll just keep the car. (This wasn't my original plan... I'm only doing it because I'm not really ready for the full purchase right now.)

Anyway, does anyone know if re-selling a brand new car for a markup is allowed in Ontario? I know there'd be tax on both sales (to do it legally, which I would be doing), but I'm just wondering if there's some regulation preventing me from even trying to do this?
so when were you expecting it to come out? the release date was set to Summer 2017 a while back... even a release date of spring at one point... If I were you i'd just get it, but depends how badly u want it... Why not just lease it for now and get a lower monthly payment and keep in mind u'll finance the buy back... u might lose a bit on the interest rate, but it gives u less of a strong hold on finances.. you can lease transfer it, your monthly is lower, same warranty, same warranty options. IMHO financing it, ur locked down for a while before the car value is higher then the balance of your loan...

Also if u want to sell it after u can... there are people that would buy it... just be prepare to deal with low ball offers... I am not sure which dealerships people are talking about where the CTR is sitting in their lots in the GTA or even Ontario, but they must know something i don't... one of our members is driving to NB from ON as I type this cause he couldn't find one in Ontario...

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love people who keep talking about selling their "spot" like a dealer is going to let them put someone else in in their place in line.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
SMH just send your CTRs down here if you're not going to buy/use them. There's still plenty of members looking for one...

If you can't afford it now just buy it next year, it seems you and the rest of our Canadian friends will be able to buy at MSRP with little trouble sooner than we can hope for south of the border.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I love people who keep talking about selling their "spot" like a dealer is going to let them put someone else in in their place in line.
i gave away my 2nd spot after i got mine... dealer let me do it

Texting&Driving

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6 GT
i gave away my 2nd spot after i got mine... dealer let me do it
Well he is talking about people selling their spot. You half answered his question.

In other words did you sell your spot for money? or no.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
No I didn't sell it, but how would they have known if I did? I coulda just made up some bullshit excuse.. So that part is irrelevant...

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
No I didn't sell it, but how would they have known if I did? I coulda just made up some bullshit excuse.. So that part is irrelevant...
You have away your spot after you got the car? at another dealership?

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
yep.. i was 2nd in line and i thought i'd help someone out by giving them my spot
Maybe there wasn't a third? I would be pretty pissed if I was third, but I probably wouldn't have a clue either. Depends on the dealership I guess. That's just as bad as cutting in line, people get killed over shit like that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.