OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
You set up this whole post so that someone can message you saying, I want to buy it. "ohhh i have not had a chance to drive it, but I did give it a nice wash". get out of here bro.

I agree with the other poster, you suck.
If you want to sell it don't post here when people are desperate to get one and post it on ebay.

Unreal, that you took the time to post this garbage.
As I said, I figured I would get flamed by some for the topic, but yeah, you guys are tough! One would think I was posing the question of selling a newborn baby (and no, it's not lost on me that analogy being somewhat true).

I have more Honda loyalty than most, and I live and breath all things automotive. But come on, it's still just a car. You're trying a little too hard to make me out as some villain for even creating a discussion about it. I'm not the only one who's thought about it. Thanks for the constructive post though, "bro".
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If your boss wanted to promote you, would you say no?

If someone offered more than sticker to the dealer, would the dealer say no?

In the end, it's just a car. There will always be more available.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
@uncleben, yeah dude sell it for 10k profit. We all want to see it happen and then come back and post, "told you so~!". Heck if you can flip that buy another one and do it again, bonus!

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
As I said, I figured I would get flamed by some for the topic, but yeah, you guys are tough! One would think I was posing the question of selling a newborn baby (and no, it's not lost on me that analogy being somewhat true).

I have more Honda loyalty than most, and I live and breath all things automotive. But come on, it's still just a car. You're trying a little too hard to make me out as some villain for even creating a discussion about it. I'm not the only one who's thought about it. Thanks for the constructive post though, "bro".
It's not a stock commodity, it's a car. If someone were to pay the over 10k or more, they would probably go for one straight off the lot. Just sayin

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
You never know until you try. Not sure why the OP cares what random people on internet thinks of his financial decision. But if you post on a public forum, prepare for the negativity.

If someone offered me $5-10k profit, I'd take it. Make sure to report your capital gains for the fiscal year.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a stock commodity, it's a car. If someone were to pay the over 10k or more, they would probably go for one straight off the lot. Just sayin
Completely agree with that and is another point I was going to make on the topic. Someone would have to accept being "2nd owner" on the car history, such as the CarFax. That's going to be important to most people.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You never know until you try. Not sure why the OP cares what random people on internet thinks of his financial decision. But if you post on a public forum, prepare for the negativity.
Because it's not just a financial decision, it's an emotional one. Yeah, it's just a car. But it's also a car that me and many enthusiasts are very passionate about and have been waiting a very long time for. That's why I am posting here and why it's touched such a nerve.

If I wanted a "financial" opinion, I'd ask my accountant. To which I think you know how he'd reply. Take the money and run, for ANY amount of profit.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
It's a used car now. I can't see you getting a lot more than MSRP seeing new ones are sitting on lots already and those ADM prices will come down. Not many people are going to want to pay over MSRP for a car someone else did the breaking in. I would never say never though as there seems to be a lot of silliness with buyers out there at the moment.

Texting&Driving

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6 GT
I put the bro in to lessen the blow of my post.

No one is telling you to not sell it for 10 k. However, my point was, get out of here with asking us, if you should do it. This forum is about people being passionate and wanting the car and, not about flippers. Its same with the housing market here. It's already inflated so badly (Vancouver B,C) and people like you are ruining it by buying and flipping.

Rant over, enjoy your car. Or should I say, I hope your garage enjoys your nice car.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
I finally got my CW CTR a couple days ago, number 470, I'm super pumped! The car is so much better in real life than any pictures or video give it credit. The weather has been sketchy and I've been busy at work, so for now the poor thing is still sitting in my garage with under 30 miles on the ODO (PDI/gas/drive home). Haven't even had time to take off the interior plastic or get the mats out yet. I did get a break in the weather to give her a nice hand wash though. I had told the dealer to leave it as-is without washing before I left.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for even making this topic, but I'm just looking for honest opinions. First let me say: I am a self-admitted Honda fan boy. I have owned 10 Honda/Acura's and currently have an ITR and S2000 that I plan to keep forever. Before I picked up my CTR, I was on the top of the waiting list for 2 years. I've been hoping a CTR would come to the US for 20 years. To say I've been excited about it for a long time is an understatement.

That out of the way- simple question. Now that you have your CTR, especially for those of you that got lucky and only paid MSRP, would you turn around and sell it if someone offered you crazy money? I'm talking $45K+. I'm certain I would not sell it for only say $5K profit, but when you start getting towards $10K profit, man, that's got my attention. For one, that's just a lot of money that could go a long ways towards other purchases, family vacations, etc. Secondly, we know Honda is going to make more, and we know the hype and ADM pricing is going to go away. So I'm sure you'd get another chance down the road.

This is more hypothetical than anything, but I'm curious what every thinks on the topic. Just looking through all the eBay auctions and reading what people are paying on here, and yeah... got me thinking "hmmmm"

Lastly... obligatory pic and badge shot:

153e92f0-dbd1-4e3d-9f45-7ed8904817ba.jpg

6e09ecf1-1e5b-4c88-bc7b-24c0fba09c19.jpg
It is your car now you can do waht you want. i would do it for fast 10k but still I tell your i would have alot of nightmare . my advice if you sell it make sure you have a deposite for a dealer that charges msrp you do not want end up losing that cash on next CTR.

You did your job got your car i wont listen to hateful post . I bet you anyone here would have hard time say NO for instant 10k which means you get your CTR at SI price

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one is telling you to not sell it for 10 k. However, my point was, get out of here with asking us, if you should do it. This forum is about people being passionate and wanting the car and, not about flippers.
I would argue that this forum is for discussion of all types. Granted, you don't know me, but read my post again or search my other posts before saying I'm not passionate about the Civic Type R. Hell, just ask my wife, haha, she's probably sick of hearing about it the last few months.

If I bought the CTR with the sole intention of flipping it, I would have never joined this forum, spent the time I have on it, or contributed to it. I would have just put the car on eBay the second I received it. For that matter, I would have already lined up a buyer months ago. I posted here for opinions because it would be very hard for me to sell the car, even for buckets of cash, and I'm curious what others would do or if they have considered it. I've had my Integra Type R since 2002. I would never sell it, unless my family ran into some sort of crazy financial hardship. I would love to keep the CTR indefinitely as well.

But we're not talking about some 20yr/old car that is impossible to find any more. Sure, dealers are charging ADM (at the moment anyway), but there are plenty of CTR's sitting in dealerships and there are more coming as well. Patience is the name of the game here. If someone could buy/sell a CTR for a profit, then buy another CTR later when the hype dies down, you'd then have (for example) $10K to spend on mods, tuning, track days, etc. That doesn't seem like such an evil idea to me. You are of course entitled to your opinion though, so thanks for contributing to the discussion :)

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I'd flip it for 10k. Then wait for 2nd shipment, pay msrp or 2k adm maybe. Or 3rd wave at the latest for MSRP. Why not?

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
if you have already gotten a few "offers" makes me think that ADM will not go away anytime soon. to each his own, but I personally wouldn't. having a low number may help get your more money years from now. imagine 20 yrs from now and someone's looking for a CTR (and say was only in production for a few years) and had the option between two similar CTRs (similar mileage and price) but one having #470 and the other being #8327 (made up number) something. which would you choose??
Sponsored