Blow off valve good or bad?

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Still waiting on a quality BPV. I wonder if Boomba or anything other after market company is planning on bringing one to market?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh sorry, haha, not sure what the difference for the 2 is.. .-.
BOV vents the air to the atmosphere and makes the cool pshhh noise, BPV recirculates the air as they system was designed by Honda to do.

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
Thanks for the education, Snoopyslr. One question -- why do almost all turbo cars sold today do recirculating rather than VtA? Probably there is some small advantage to having that recirculated air around when the throttle reopens? Even so, I think people would be willing to pay some small performance price for the 'woosh' venting sound. You'd think Honda (or other OEM) would offer a mod option for a VtA valve + the ECU tweaks to make metering work properly.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the education, Snoopyslr. One question -- why do almost all turbo cars sold today do recirculating rather than VtA? Probably there is some small advantage to having that recirculated air around when the throttle reopens? Even so, I think people would be willing to pay some small performance price for the 'woosh' venting sound. You'd think Honda (or other OEM) would offer a mod option for a VtA valve + the ECU tweaks to make metering work properly.
It's a matter of precision regarding the sensors. MAF is far superior to MAP for calculating air volume. CAFE standards mandate that auto manufacturers company wide MPG averages has to increase every year. This is why every car is drive by wire, because the manufacturer can control how your foot is affecting the MPG.

Remember, we're the freaks here. Most people want a quiet car that makes no noise. You know how many people I scare on the sidewalk with my BOV? lol

jaserjaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-T , 2016 honda accord v6 touring
Country flag
Remember, we're the freaks here. Most people want a quiet car that makes no noise. You know how many people I scare on the sidewalk with my BOV? lol
LMAO, this was me back when i was a teen lol

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag

There's been a lot discussion since we have released our BOV if the piece makes your car run rich or not. In this video we decide to show everyone what happens.

The results are in, let them speak for themselves!

We performed simulated street driving under partial acceleration runs and shifting to see what happens when you let off the gas and shift when running our Vent To Atmosphere BOV.

The spring pressure we use in our BOV was carefully chosen so that the vehicle's operation is not negatively impacted from running this BOV. There is no stuttering, no increased turbo lag, and no check engine lights from running our BOV. The stock BPV features very poor construction and is made from cheap plastic and rubber and features a very flimsy spring. Our valve has aircraft grade billet aluminum, a brass piston, and Viton O-rings and is tested to 100 PSI to ensure leak free operation. All of our BOVs also carry a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is not near enough data displayed to arrive at the conclusion that your BOV stays within "safe parameters".

Why didn't you include boost levels, throttle position, and time duration?

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra

There's been a lot discussion since we have released our BOV if the piece makes your car run rich or not. In this video we decide to show everyone what happens.

The results are in, let them speak for themselves!

We performed simulated street driving under partial acceleration runs and shifting to see what happens when you let off the gas and shift when running our Vent To Atmosphere BOV.

The spring pressure we use in our BOV was carefully chosen so that the vehicle's operation is not negatively impacted from running this BOV. There is no stuttering, no increased turbo lag, and no check engine lights from running our BOV. The stock BPV features very poor construction and is made from cheap plastic and rubber and features a very flimsy spring. Our valve has aircraft grade billet aluminum, a brass piston, and Viton O-rings and is tested to 100 PSI to ensure leak free operation. All of our BOVs also carry a lifetime warranty to the original owner.
Here are the results of my testing, full throttle 6000rpm, half throttle, idle, and deceleration.

This is a graph created on torque, and an obd2 to Bluetooth adapter.

I have no opinion on the data, all here for your interpretation.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? Screenshot_20170701-125317

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? Screenshot_20170701-125328

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? Screenshot_20170701-125322

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? Screenshot_20170701-125334

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
There is not near enough data displayed to arrive at the conclusion that your BOV stays within "safe parameters".

Why didn't you include boost levels, throttle position, and time duration?
I will include boost levels, time, and rpm with my next datalog

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are the results of my testing, full throttle 6000rpm, half throttle, idle, and deceleration.

This is a graph created on torque, and an obd2 to Bluetooth adapter.

I have no opinion on the data, all here for your interpretation.

Screenshot_20170701-125317.png

Screenshot_20170701-125328.png

Screenshot_20170701-125322.png

Screenshot_20170701-125334.png
Do you have a wideband?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag