Blow off valve

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Curious if anyone has tried to for a universal blow off valve in the civic x yet. Scrolling through ebay and saw a BOV adaptor for the 1.5t. Could be garbage but does anyone have experience with this yet?

Maybe it's the kid in me, but I sure would love the pshhhhh coming from my Hatch!

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222316295150
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
thats for a hks ssq bov adapter

carfun member here uses one

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was curious on this item also when i saw it the other night. i couldnt really tell in Carfun's video how it sounded.

OP
OP
chubbz05

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Yeah I went back and watched the video and couldn't tell either.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
and just like that I'm buying a BOV haha

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BOV sound is one of the best reasons to buy a turbo car!

I have a SSQV on my WRX with no whistle fin on it. I really like it, but it's not as loud as the HKS standard I had on before. The SSQV holds boost so much better because of the twin valve system.

You probably won't hear a SSQV at all unless you're flooring it and getting full boost. They are not that loud. You want something like a TurboXS RFL valve if you really wanna hear it. We don't make much boost on these cars as it is

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, just a side thought.. I wonder how many computer issues switching from a recirculating system to a vented system will cause? Most of the time (especially true on newer cars) venting that air causes problems. You'll probably be prone to after fires which can be very harmful to a exhaust system with catalytic converters.

Last edited:

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Also, just a side thought.. I wonder how many computer issues switching from a recirculating system to a vented system will cause? Most of the time (especially true on newer cars) venting that air causes problems. You'll probably be prone to after fires which can be very harmful to a exhaust system with catalytic converters.
I thought this was helpful.

It sounds like it is best to stick with the diverter/recirculating valve. Could the fuel calculation problem with a Blow-off valve be corrected with a reflashed ECU?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought this was helpful.

It sounds like it is best to stick with the diverter/recirculating valve. Could the fuel calculation problem with a Blow-off valve be corrected with a reflashed ECU?
No, re-flashing won't do anything. The problem is when you vent that air, your mass air flow sensor has already calculated your air/fuel ratio using X amount of air. When you vent, you're removing some of the air from X. So the formula to get stoichiometric A:F gets skewed and results in a rich condition every time you vent.

This isn't too big of a deal if you're running a catless exhaust system, but this will lead to higher EGT during shifts and possible after fire/back fire. Which can be really bad on a catalytic converter or an exhaust system with a lot of back pressure.

I vent my WRX and I back fire occasionally. I definitely get after fire because I've burped a few fireballs over the years :p. None of this matters because I have a complete catless 3" stainless exhaust on there.

edit: Didn't watch the video... Didn't realize I was saying exactly what he said. I have the same WRX btw :p

Last edited:

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone installs the BOV shown above, try and upload a video please. Carfun has done a great job on covering everything he has done to his car but the video he uploaded using this BOV was hard to hear. I am also curious if this BOV works the way it should. Makes me nervous with a brand new car.

DrDeer2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-t
Im curious to see how well the stock bov holds pressure. If someone does swap to a aftermarket bov they should do some tests on the stocker.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Stock is a diverter

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Electronic waste gate. Through software you can get it to do what you want. Tell it when to release and how fast or slow to release