fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
It recirculates half of the air and vents the other half. You can usually adjust the ratio. For some cars that really don't like venting, this is the only way for people to get a PSSHHH sound without non stop back firing and idle problems.
Reference for us??

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? BOV

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
If there are no known issues, multiple people have used the product without issues, and no one has proven any negative effects, why say there are issues? Boomba made a quality product that works and people are enjoying it, including myself. I understand you want people to be informed of what COULD happen, but in this case no one has had a problem with this specific product. I don't see why putting down a product made by a company trying to make us MORE aftermarket options on a forum is something you want to do, but whatever floats your boat I guess. The product is no doubt an improvement over stock, and I am very thankful for all the work and time Boomba has put into their products for our Civic X community. You guys are appreciated.
for our reference ??

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow off valve good or bad? BOV

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
for our reference ??

BOV.jpg

I know this is kind of a dead thread now but I was wanting some extra noise out of my car.. considering intakes.. But im also interested in 2step's tune which out preforms Ktuners 21 psi

so thats alot more pressure would i still not need a bov? or better BPV

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I know this is kind of a dead thread now but I was wanting some extra noise out of my car.. considering intakes.. But im also interested in 2step's tune which out preforms Ktuners 21 psi

so thats alot more pressure would i still not need a bov? or better BPV
No you wont. The only time you actually will have to install an aftermarket BPV is when you get the PRL big turbo kit because there is no way to use the stock one.

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No you wont. The only time you actually will have to install an aftermarket BPV is when you get the PRL big turbo kit because there is no way to use the stock one.
is there any other way to get that noise without one? and without a big intake i cant afford a massive intake (was looking at 27won's boxy maf and Race housing for tsp tune but thats still expensive af for me) and literally everywhere i google say BOV's are essential when tuning/increasing boost and are 100% safe. but that guy in the earlier posts about cats rotting running rich and oil blowby/dilution scared me lol. I want that loud psh sound i want people -besides me and those in the car- to know/hear i have a turbo-- like alot of wrx and ST/RS's near me that bov's are so loud it sounds like their car explodes. i want that lol but i dont wanna break my car

side note i do change my oil frequantly well before my car ever tells me would that keep me safe with a bov?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is there any other way to get that noise without one? and without a big intake i cant afford a massive intake (was looking at 27won's boxy maf and Race housing for tsp tune but thats still expensive af for me) and literally everywhere i google say BOV's are essential when tuning/increasing boost and are 100% safe. but that guy in the earlier posts about cats rotting running rich and oil blowby/dilution scared me lol. I want that loud psh sound i want people -besides me and those in the car- to know/hear i have a turbo-- like alot of wrx and ST/RS's near me that bov's are so loud it sounds like their car explodes. i want that lol but i dont wanna break my car

side note i do change my oil frequantly well before my car ever tells me would that keep me safe with a bov?
PRL, Mishimoto, BMS will add sounds and not wreck afr

27won makes a quality intake, but it doesn't add as much whoosh

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
is there any other way to get that noise without one?
No, and with a CVT you will get even less number of noises because you dont lift the throttle between "gear changes"

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, and with a CVT you will get even less number of noises because you dont lift the throttle between "gear changes"
Ha. After getting the prl stage 1 I heard some tiny woosh.. and I let off my throttle, and short acceleration bursts constantly just to hear it. So I stomp on and off my throttle probably more then I should
Sponsored