Asgroi9399

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I’ve been doing plenty of searching but can not seem to find much information on this topic. I have an HKS SSQV installed and I noticed my oil smells like gas. I also have a SRI, catback exhaust and basemap tune. Does anyone else have the same issue? I’m worried I’m running way to rich and will do damage to my engine.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been doing plenty of searching but can not seem to find much information on this topic. I have an HKS SSQV installed and I noticed my oil smells like gas. I also have a SRI, catback exhaust and basemap tune. Does anyone else have the same issue? I’m worried I’m running way to rich and will do damage to my engine.
Your oil containing gas has nothing to do with your BOV. It's an issue with every turbo charged direct injection motor. Running rich between shifts probably isn't helping, but you're going to have gas in your oil no matter what valve you have on.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your BOV is in fact causing your car to run rich, but that has nothing to do with gas in your oil. There will be fuel dilution on a DI engine. Some of the oil analyzers that have been done show this but show no breakdown in viscosity. You should put the stock bpv back on. The SRI will make the turbo noises you want to hear.
Sponsored