Big Swap 2.0T into little tiny Si?

GrDeleto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Runs with si ecu yes. No vtec. If you are really stressing about vtec just lock the cams. Gavin is thinking about selling kits for it.

Id advise all to wait until hondata and i can make a swap kit with JDI. Im going to help out and see if we can make a plug and play kit with an oem accord harness to avoid modifying the si harness since the injector plugs are different
What in the world is jdi?

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jordan Distributors. They make a bunch of push to start conversion kits and kill switch security systems.

If you are going to swap Motec might be worth it too. The Accord motors can make good power too, if you put the time and effort into it you can keep the compromises minimal.

DanielVizuals

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Runs with si ecu yes. No vtec. If you are really stressing about vtec just lock the cams. Gavin is thinking about selling kits for it.

Id advise all to wait until hondata and i can make a swap kit with JDI. Im going to help out and see if we can make a plug and play kit with an oem accord harness to avoid modifying the si harness since the injector plugs are different

i just saw your post on Instagram I didnt realize you guys are actually making one together cant wait.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

maybe make a plug and play sub harness for the c4 engine harness to so body harness. as for vtec, if you dont want to go the route of locking pins, you can get a separate rpm based vtec controller, or just power the solenoid off a power source that activates when you turn the key/push button to on mode.

PearlSiR

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe k20c4 swap
Country flag
Thats the plan i suppose. Just need to find the other plug for the c4 harness that connects to the body. If you have a part number or any leads id appreciate the info.
As for the jumper plugs you made they work but youd still have to open and re route the si harness to work with everything. Some are also spaced out rather far compared to the si engine and cause tugging.
Attatched is the plug i currently have. Need the opposite plug for this

Honda Civic 10th gen Big Swap 2.0T into little tiny Si? 20240124_172938

GrDeleto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Small question, but mainly what would something like this be reccomended for? Mainly from the context of someone who ends up getting a 10th si because there's a possibility of more 10th si's coming due to used prices dropping down.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
This is recommended for when you refuse to buy a type r because the sunk cost fallacy of the si being cheaper with a swap than trading in and buying a type r - even though the r has the better chassis and brake biasing from factory which is not addressed with an engine /drivetrain swap.

if you have the money it’s fine. Or you could save the money and buy the FK8.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Small question, but mainly what would something like this be reccomended for? Mainly from the context of someone who ends up getting a 10th si because there's a possibility of more 10th si's coming due to used prices dropping down.
It's rarely - if ever - recommended. The recommendation is almost always "Buy a Type R".

This is recommended for when you refuse to buy a type r because the sunk cost fallacy of the si being cheaper with a swap than trading in and buying a type r - even though the r has the better chassis and brake biasing from factory which is not addressed with an engine /drivetrain swap.

Agreed - there is no cost benefit of doing this swap. It's for people that are adamant on having a coupe/sedan body style AND have a burning hole in their wallet.

WhereHaveYouBeen

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 honda civic sport sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's rarely - if ever - recommended. The recommendation is almost always "Buy a Type R".

Agreed - there is no cost benefit of doing this swap. It's for people that are adamant on having a coupe/sedan body style AND have a burning hole in their wallet.
hey, some people just like to modify lmao

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if it was not for the mark up of the type r it would be reasonable to trade in, new type r's were going for 60k at most dealers, its insane. Also the value of the owners vehicle goes down after purchasing and trading in. So not only are you paying more for type r but receiving less back on the original vehicle, so its more than you think to simply just trade in. the first time the swap was talked about on here the guy said he spent about 7k. not bad to go from struggling to hit 350-375 on e85 to easily handling 400 on pump fuel.

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
IIRC the Type R swap is not recommended because it requires entirely new ecu. The Accord 2.0T will run with the Si ecu. I think ?
Derek Robinson just tuned a c4 swapped si running si ecu

Djintu

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR in CPB, 21 CTR LE
Country flag
Alright guys, for my first ever post I’m asking the age old question:
Can I throw an Accord’s 2.0T into my 2017 Si Coupe?

More specifically, will it fit in the engine bay with all the other necessary bells and whistles?
I’d like to keep as many features as possible in my Si, however, I know that some sacrifices must be made to achieve this dream of mine. I don’t care if a Type R would be easier or cheaper, I like my car. I don’t care that it would be expensive, I’m willing to accept that. All I want to know is will it fit? And if so, what do I have to do to shove that thing in there?

My main concerns are that I’m unsure whether the engine bay for the coupe is smaller than the sedan, and I know most people swapping engines are using sedans. Not to mention, coupes are already pretty slim on options when it comes to aftermarket availability. Additional concerns include hardware and mechanical upgrades, like would I need a better clutch and intercooler and all that jazz. I hear the Si intercooler is solid compared to the rest, but I also know that with more power comes more wear, so upgraded parts are usually required. I would think I’d need a new wiring harness and stronger clutch/flywheel, maybe even some better gears and axles, who knows! Not me that’s for sure.

Thanks in advance!
I 100% support this, mad respect sir.

In September of 2020 I went in to a dealership to trade my 12 CRZ in for a civic sport hatch for my birthday, walked out with a black 21 CTR and a terrible interest rate.

In the first 12 months I logged 45k miles, paid my loan off in 18, and by 24 had completed a rather Mad Max rally build. Then last year I went in to look at an fl5, but left with a <1k miles fk8 LE.

I love this car.

So this is coming from a two-time CTR owner. I wish I had done what you’re doing, hands down. I support you, and if you lived on this side of the country I’d not only offer to help you work on it, but I’d be cataloging all the oem CTR parts I’ve got for you to use. If it were me I’d get one of those HPD crate K20Cs and Make it fit.

I’ve had just as much fun working on FK8s as I have learning to drive one.
Hope you do too, keep us posted!

Honda Civic 10th gen Big Swap 2.0T into little tiny Si? IMG_3865

Honda Civic 10th gen Big Swap 2.0T into little tiny Si? IMG_2042

OP
OP
frriez

frriez

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe

Keep us updated!

OP
OP
frriez

frriez

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe

yeah maybe if i had already started the build then sunk cost fallacy would come into play, but i explained in the original post that i don’t care if its more expensive to swap it, im doing it because i like my car, its body and shape, its seating arrangement, the uniqueness of the coupe and how few there are compared to sedans, how people are less likely to ask me for rides if they only see two doors on my car, how wraps and paint jobs are cheaper because the car is smaller. i could keep going but really i explained why i would rather do this than buy a type r. yes the cost is more expensive at dealerships but regardless this is what i want to do with my car.
Sponsored