2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I know all the differences on what each version does and does not do, but what I really would really like is feedback on the live data monitoring if you have tried any 2 of these:

1) KTuner v2
2) KTuner v1.2 w/ Tunerview lite on head unit
3) KTuner v1.2 w/ Tunerview on tablet/phone

Which did you like the most and why?

I'm going to be purchasing my KTuner next week from TSP and need to make a decision on which I want to purchase... I put them in list of preference from what I have read but people comparing them from a "which one I like the most for live data" seems non-existent. There's probably only a couple people who have used both v2 and v1.2 but I'm sure a lot of you out there have used v1.2 with both a tablet and the head unit.

Reasons I don't like each of the above (I think they are all a compromise):
1) Don't want to mount a screen, the most money, and the worst screen (less resolution and least layout options).
2) Most unreliable??? There are a few people that have connectivity issues. Also I think this is more "laggy" than the v2 screen with live data.
3) Don't want to mount a screen, but at least its less money than v2. Probably still more laggy than v2 screen with live data.

I also have left a tablet in a car before on a hot day and it killed the battery (wasn't a tablet that can easily replace the battery) so I'm really worried about the durability of option #3. I'm not worried about the v2 screen or obviously the head unit screen.

Thanks to anyone who leaves feedback.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I can't comment on the v2 but for your 2nd and 3rd point I can give some feedback.

In terms of "lag" for monitoring live data, I haven't noticed much. I normally have tunerview lite on my head unit running. I have used it on my phone and I also have had a laptop and tablet running ktuner hooked up at the same time before.

Looking at both my head unit/phone and the tablet/laptop whenever i had it connected, the values would change at the same time with maybe a split second behind on the tunerview. But this is expected because it's a bluetooth connection and not a hard wired one.

What can get annoying with it being on the head unit/phone is that anytime you get a call, it will interrupt the connection to the v1.2 unit. In the settings, theres an option to reset bluetooth connectivity if the v1.2 doesnt connect within a certain time. In my opinion this HAS to be enabled. If not it will not reconnect if it was interrupted, at least in my experience.

With all that being said, 95% of the time it works flawlessly. I never feel like I'm missing out on anything not having a v2. I can still upload my saved tunes using my head unit/phone, can still take data logs, can monitor just as many if not more data using one of the many custom gauge layouts on tunerview, and can customize low and high warning levels if you set it up like that.

OP
OP
2020MSMcivicSI

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
With all that being said, 95% of the time it works flawlessly. I never feel like I'm missing out on anything not having a v2. I can still upload my saved tunes using my head unit/phone, can still take data logs, can monitor just as many if not more data using one of the many custom gauge layouts on tunerview, and can customize low and high warning levels if you set it up like that.
I guess that is a better way to look at it... to rephrase my original question,

Does anyone have v1.2 and wish they had bought the v2? (to have a dependable screen)
Or did anyone buy a v2 and wished they saved the money and got the v1.2? (cause tunerview or tunerview lite is good enough)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
V2 hands down if live data is of the utmost importance to you. Tunerview and Tunerview Lite work very well the great majority of the time but you cannot beat having the data displayed directly from the device that is reporting it. I've owned both models and always found my way back to a V2.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I know all the differences on what each version does and does not do, but what I really would really like is feedback on the live data monitoring if you have tried any 2 of these:

1) KTuner v2
2) KTuner v1.2 w/ Tunerview lite on head unit
3) KTuner v1.2 w/ Tunerview on tablet/phone

Which did you like the most and why?

I'm going to be purchasing my KTuner next week from TSP and need to make a decision on which I want to purchase... I put them in list of preference from what I have read but people comparing them from a "which one I like the most for live data" seems non-existent. There's probably only a couple people who have used both v2 and v1.2 but I'm sure a lot of you out there have used v1.2 with both a tablet and the head unit.

Reasons I don't like each of the above (I think they are all a compromise):
1) Don't want to mount a screen, the most money, and the worst screen (less resolution and least layout options).
2) Most unreliable??? There are a few people that have connectivity issues. Also I think this is more "laggy" than the v2 screen with live data.
3) Don't want to mount a screen, but at least its less money than v2. Probably still more laggy than v2 screen with live data.

I also have left a tablet in a car before on a hot day and it killed the battery (wasn't a tablet that can easily replace the battery) so I'm really worried about the durability of option #3. I'm not worried about the v2 screen or obviously the head unit screen.

Thanks to anyone who leaves feedback.
2) The latest version of TunerView Lite fixed a lot of the connection issues. The pluses are a large screen, and nothing else to mount. I have the app assigned to a button so it’s really easy to switch between navigation, audio, and TunerView. The only issue I have is on road trips I like to have android auto with waze running in the background for alerts and TunerView can’t keep a connection with waze running. I bought TunerView for my phone but haven’t really used it because the screen is too small.

I haven’t used a v2 but know that it has some RGB LED’s that can be configured to come on at what ever conditions you want, which is pretty cool and neither version of Tunerview has that.

I would still get the v1.2 today over the v2, I just like using the large screen I already have vs. a secondary one.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I haven’t used a v2 but know that it has some RGB LED’s that can be configured to come on at what ever conditions you want, which is pretty cool and neither version of Tunerview has that.
TunerView does have warnings you can set for gauges.
Sponsored