New Ktuner Version 1.0.6.2 Released

ecarranza11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Hey what settings do you have on quick adjustments?
I just tuned my car with the starter 21 dual target PSI and don't know what quick adjustments to select.
Sponsored

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
noob here, i got ktuner v1, and i use dashcommander to read ecu. my boost/vac show approx. -11 psi when idle and +12.5 psi on WOT.

question is, how do you read the boost? is it from -11 to +12.5 = 23.5 psi total, or its from 0 to 12.5 psi = 12.5 psi total? i use the starter 21 dual with max quick adjustment.

thank you kindly in advance

Darky

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Maybe do some datalogging with the v1 and see what your MAP is going to.
If you put the 21.5 tune in you should get right around that.
Boost is anything above 0

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe do some datalogging with the v1 and see what your MAP is going to.
If you put the 21.5 tune in you should get right around that.
Boost is anything above 0
The max im reading is 12.5 as well with a custom tune by Vit

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Mine is boost by gear but all the gears seem to max at 12.5 :s
I'd ask Vit to check that out. I can't tell you if that's something he meant to setup in your current tune iteration or not.

P3ARLCIVICX

XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
I just ordered a ktuner flash V1 and i have a few questions:

VEHICLE: HONDA CIVIC 2017 LX 2.0L 4-CYLINDER CVT

1. is there a limit to how much boost you can add in the CVT before it gets dangerous for my engine. (inexperienced tuner and just looking for more power and sporty feel)

2. how does the dual map system work when accessing the ECON button? can you change this to add more boost instead of less (technically turn it into a sport mode)

3. do the base tune maps come preloaded on the Ktuner? and is there a tutorial on how to effectively change and tinker with the base tunes? I'm really worried about messing something up on my car, and am just looking for a guide on how to do the basics on ktuner.

4. do all the tunes require a different type of fuel to be added in order for that tune to work? I would like to stay on 83 or 89 octane for gas.

@KTuner
Thanks!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just ordered a ktuner flash V1 and i have a few questions:

VEHICLE: HONDA CIVIC 2017 LX 2.0L 4-CYLINDER CVT

1. is there a limit to how much boost you can add in the CVT before it gets dangerous for my engine. (inexperienced tuner and just looking for more power and sporty feel)

2. how does the dual map system work when accessing the ECON button? can you change this to add more boost instead of less (technically turn it into a sport mode)

3. do the base tune maps come preloaded on the Ktuner? and is there a tutorial on how to effectively change and tinker with the base tunes? I'm really worried about messing something up on my car, and am just looking for a guide on how to do the basics on ktuner.

4. do all the tunes require a different type of fuel to be added in order for that tune to work? I would like to stay on 83 or 89 octane for gas.

@KTuner
Thanks!
1. If you have a 2.0 LX you dont have a turbo and so you wont need to be worry about boost.

3. base tunes come come preloaded, again depending on which engine you have, will depend which basemaps you get.

P3ARLCIVICX

XXCIVICXX
First Name
BRICKFLAIR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag
1. If you have a 2.0 LX you dont have a turbo and so you wont need to be worry about boost.

3. base tunes come come preloaded, again depending on which engine you have, will depend which basemaps you get.
So how would changing the dynamics of the ECON button work? is it pointless to do it without a turbo?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So how would changing the dynamics of the ECON button work? is it pointless to do it without a turbo?
My understanding is the Econ button will make the car run pretty much a stock tune. Turning it off will be the Ktuner tune you pick.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My understanding is the Econ button will make the car run pretty much a stock tune. Turning it off will be the Ktuner tune you pick.
It turns into a turbo button :headbang:

70%-80% throttle on econ and then turn it off while still on throttle :D

uquackmeup

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Another newbie here...as others have asked, is there an easy way to make the "normal" mode the stock-like mode, and make the ECO mode the 21 map? Thanks in advance.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Another newbie here...as others have asked, is there an easy way to make the "normal" mode the stock-like mode, and make the ECO mode the 21 map? Thanks in advance.
The real question is ... why? To me, it make sense that that pressing the Econ button gives you a more stock like, economical mode. Then, turning off Econ gives you your full tune.