Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
You can't NOT get in your car with ktuner and not do at least a one good WOT pull a day lol every single on ramp im flooring it and smile ear to ear haha...my mileage is good 35-36mpg for the most part with some spirited driving.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just on 93 oct, but I do pull WOT a couple times each drive :)
my 93 im getting 28-32 depending on my driving, but Im always going 80 mph or above on my 5 day a week commute and I like getting to 80 fast so I use a lot of fuel. Plus I feel like we are getting terrible gas after the hurricane hit houston. 93 is hard to find and when I do, my knock control goes all over the place until I can get e85 mixed in

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my 93 im getting 28-32 depending on my driving, but Im always going 80 mph or above on my 5 day a week commute and I like getting to 80 fast so I use a lot of fuel. Plus I feel like we are getting terrible gas after the hurricane hit houston. 93 is hard to find and when I do, my knock control goes all over the place until I can get e85 mixed in
same here

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
my 93 im getting 28-32 depending on my driving, but Im always going 80 mph or above on my 5 day a week commute and I like getting to 80 fast so I use a lot of fuel.
Before Ktuner - averaged 33mpg over 10,000 miles.

After Ktuner - averaged 28.5mpg over 15,000 miles.

lol

Good to see someone not bragging about 35+mpg. Those guys must never get into boost or break the speed limit. Its practically impossible for me to get better than 30mpg now that I know what the car can do and "where the bumpers are" lol

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before Ktuner - averaged 33mpg over 10,000 miles.

After Ktuner - averaged 28.5mpg over 15,000 miles.

lol

Good to see someone not bragging about 35+mpg. Those guys must never get into boost or break the speed limit. Its practically impossible for me to get better than 30mpg now that I know what the car can do and "where the bumpers are" lol
I think it's easier to achieve better mpgs because you get up to speed quicker and can coast sooner, but I live in a rural area. as soon as I hit alot of stop in go traffic my mpgs go down to like 28-29 city

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
That depends how far you can coast and if you would be stopped otherwise.

aydingokce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB 1.5 Sport CVT
Hello all,

As the setups and trims may change from country to country, I would like to make sure of one thing: My car does not have separate driving modes but simple one econ (not eco, econ) button to be pressed. Is this what you mean by "eco mode"? If no, the next questions become irrelevant. If yes, can you please answer the next questions?

As far as I understand from the previous messages, KTUNER can setup different maps for eco and normal modes. That may sound weird, but, I made many many trials and concluded that my car burns more fuel when it is in the eco mode than it does in the normal mode. So, is it possible to load a new map into the ECO MODE that completely resembles the original factory map in the NORMAL MODE?

Last but not least, I am not very pleased with the way the cruise control behaves. In econ mode, when I hit a climb, the car loses 2 km/h of speed and then tries to re-accelerate. In normal mode it is not so bad but sometimes it can still lose 1 km/h of speed and try to re-accelerate. Can KTUNER modify this behaviour? Also, when I let the car to accelerate on its own by selecting a higher speed than the current one, if it is in the econ mode it accelerates too slowly and if it is in the normal mode, it accelerates a little too fast. Can KTUNER modify this behaviour? Thank you very much in advance.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello all,

As the setups and trims may change from country to country, I would like to make sure of one thing: My car does not have separate driving modes but simple one econ (not eco, econ) button to be pressed. Is this what you mean by "eco mode"? If no, the next questions become irrelevant. If yes, can you please answer the next questions?

As far as I understand from the previous messages, KTUNER can setup different maps for eco and normal modes. That may sound weird, but, I made many many trials and concluded that my car burns more fuel when it is in the eco mode than it does in the normal mode. So, is it possible to load a new map into the ECO MODE that completely resembles the original factory map in the NORMAL MODE?

Last but not least, I am not very pleased with the way the cruise control behaves. In econ mode, when I hit a climb, the car loses 2 km/h of speed and then tries to re-accelerate. In normal mode it is not so bad but sometimes it can still lose 1 km/h of speed and try to re-accelerate. Can KTUNER modify this behaviour? Also, when I let the car to accelerate on its own by selecting a higher speed than the current one, if it is in the econ mode it accelerates too slowly and if it is in the normal mode, it accelerates a little too fast. Can KTUNER modify this behaviour? Thank you very much in advance.
Since you do have the ability to target different boost levels in ECO and Normal modes, which is switched with the button, you can choose to go lower in ECO if that's what you want to do in order to save additional fuel.

If you're on a tune you're no longer factory. ECO mode is not a completely separate tune, it's a mode. Thusly we give you access to target any boost you want in that mode.

We do not alter cruise behavior for CVT whatsoever. Some settings can affect this.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
For anyone who get a tune done by Vit with a MT? How long did it take?

I know when I did the tune on Hondata, it took 2.0 calibrations, with ktuner im on 1.8 and looks like I just only hit the half way point haha.
Sponsored