Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
so now the next question is :
how much it too much ?
anyways enjoy the new feature but be careful & go slow
After some testing by the expert tuners I think is going to be safer at the same power levels. Is going to be the same tuning strategy as the SI so there isn't going to be a problem if you know what are you doing.
Sponsored

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
After some testing by the expert tuners I think is going to be safer at the same power levels. Is going to be the same tuning strategy as the SI so there isn't going to be a problem if you know what are you doing.
Well, actually, there was a very predictable pattern in KControl / KRetard in the "forced" scenario and any deviation was a clear indication of having gone too far.
Also keep in mind that sometimes KRetard will rise (in response to some "possible (?)" knock) and KControl will have remained fairly steady, so KControl is not the only parameter in the ignition timing / retard tables of the X ECU ... I think there is a lot more than what we can see / play with so far ...
I just got my car from the exhaust shop today so I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow, after I make a few WOTs with my new DP/FP combo :)

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well, actually, there was a very predictable pattern in KControl / KRetard in the "forced" scenario and any deviation was a clear indication of having gone too far.
Also keep in mind that sometimes KRetard will rise (in response to some "possible (?)" knock) and KControl will have remained fairly steady, so KControl is not the only parameter in the ignition timing / retard tables of the X ECU ... I think there is a lot more than what we can see / play with so far ...
I just got my car from the exhaust shop today so I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow, after I make a few WOTs with my new DP/FP combo :)
you'll like it haha "trust" me :p
u may need to add some fuel;)

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
So ... after almost three years, after getting used to watching KControl creep to 0.6x by the end of 4th gear at WOT , seeing a rock steady 0.49 is a welcome change :)
To the point of wondering if KControl actually works :p
After retarding the Ignition by a reasonable amount, proportional to the expected change, I am getting actual ingition that is almost identical to the previous KControl logic (as expected)
However IGN curve is quite smoother in the 5300-5600 rpm range, so that is a plus with this config.
I think I'm gonna put in some crap RON95 gas in low boost target to make sure KControl is actually working lol :)

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
KTuner Version 1.0.10.1 NEW Update !
Civic 1.5T
Artificial Knock Elimination Quick Enable For Non-Si Applications That Have It
Initial Support Added For 5AF-CHx
Initial Support Added For 5AW-GFx
Fit 1.5
Initial Support Added For 5R7-AEx

1613480877204.png
Hi!
I have 2017 1.5T CVT Non-Si
I have experienced a weird thing after enabling AKCR in Ktuner. while starting to drive smoothly coasting at 70 / 80 km/hr I saw the K cont going haywire from 0.49 shooting up to 1.02 and staying there for a while and than coming down to 0.89 staying there while the speed remained the same that is touch paddle .... Tried with Cruise C ON... same behaviour. I pushed the car hard WOT and went to 170 from 80km/hr and the it came down to 0.66..... again i gave it another hard run and it went down to 0.55...... It looks to me that there is bug in the tune regarding this feature which needs to be addressed by Ktuner.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
As answered in your other thread, the feature does not alter knock control operation. It only eliminates the artificial knock control rise at higher RPM.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Hi!
I have 2017 1.5T CVT Non-Si
I have experienced a weird thing after enabling AKCR in Ktuner. while starting to drive smoothly coasting at 70 / 80 km/hr I saw the K cont going haywire from 0.49 shooting up to 1.02 and staying there for a while and than coming down to 0.89 staying there while the speed remained the same that is touch paddle .... Tried with Cruise C ON... same behaviour. I pushed the car hard WOT and went to 170 from 80km/hr and the it came down to 0.66..... again i gave it another hard run and it went down to 0.55...... It looks to me that there is bug in the tune regarding this feature which needs to be addressed by Ktuner.
Do you have any log about this? I have some similar behavior

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
some cars does shows the same symptoms but the man have spoken.
but after a while it does goes back to normal for some & some still have 1 or 2 quick phantom knocks that brings it up high then back to normal quickly but it could be due to some other noises.

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
As answered in your other thread, the feature does not alter knock control operation. It only eliminates the artificial knock control rise at higher RPM.
That i understand very well that it only eliminates the artificial knock control rise. I think a feed back from an end user customer should be taken in a positive way rather than not accepting and stringently standing on a statement.

By the way I am a professional Engineer working on INNIO Waukesha Gas engines since 2001 to date which also have ECUs with AFR, ignition timing and knock detonation mapping which can be customized as per the quality of fuel and prevailing ambient conditions, do not consider me a layman while replying, i have shared an anomaly for which i need a proper technical reply.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You received that in your other thread. That's the problem with posting in multiple places. Unfortunately when you do that we almost always have to reply in both places so it doesn't look like you're being ignored.

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
You received that in your other thread. That's the problem with posting in multiple places. Unfortunately when you do that we almost always have to reply in both places so it doesn't look like you're being ignored.
When one do not get a proper reply than one is forced to search and dig out on multiple platforms..... ( as suggested by your good-self in earlier queries ) any ways i end this discussion here till the new revision to come... :)

markon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRX-B16A / EK4 VTi sedan B18C/ FK7 1.5T EUDM
Country flag
Hello to all,
i was wondering if anyone can give somekind of a tip regarding behavior of knock in my case.
With Artificial Knock enabled (default) in which max Knock retard is no more than 7deg and this for not for long and Knock control does not exceed 0.66 at end of 4th gear.

On the other hand Artificial knock disabled and knock control does not move from 0.49, retard does not move from 5deg but (after hitting rev limiter in 4th for just very short) giving 5th wot retard goes 14deg and starts going down to 10deg causing (i guess) knock control going crazy to 0.81!!!

I am still (unfortunately) in initial support, max 22psi , ignition close to base (very close) no special other mods.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Hello to all,
i was wondering if anyone can give somekind of a tip regarding behavior of knock in my case.
With Artificial Knock enabled (default) in which max Knock retard is no more than 7deg and this for not for long and Knock control does not exceed 0.66 at end of 4th gear.

On the other hand Artificial knock disabled and knock control does not move from 0.49, retard does not move from 5deg but (after hitting rev limiter in 4th for just very short) giving 5th wot retard goes 14deg and starts going down to 10deg causing (i guess) knock control going crazy to 0.81!!!

I am still (unfortunately) in initial support, max 22psi , ignition close to base (very close) no special other mods.
what is your afr? Post a log if you have one

markon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRX-B16A / EK4 VTi sedan B18C/ FK7 1.5T EUDM
Country flag
what is your afr? Post a log if you have one
Afr does in any case exceed 10.8~11.1 aiming 11.2.

I have tried to attach log but haven't managed it sadly ?
Sponsored