Ken242624

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys. Own my FK8 for 13k miles now. Love the superb handling and steering, but always looking for mods that than boost the steering feel more. What are the best mods out there that can give the biggest and most obvious improvement to handling? like more precise steering and more quicker response?
Here's what I have for handling now: RSR down springs, blitz front strut tower bar.
Have been hearing good things about Spoon Rigid collars, but want to hear more opinions on other mods as well.
Any comments will be appreciated, thanks!
including a picture of the engine bay!
Honda Civic 10th gen Best mod for steering/handling? WechatIMG399
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I'd love to know what the Spoon, HPD, or the TCR build have for steering column / sensor / EPS rack.

It would blow my mind if they kept the stock crud in their cars...

Update:

The TCR has (quote YouTube reviewer) "massaged power electric steering"

but I cannot find any details about it.... :(

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I was considering that too, but worried about too much noise and vibration brings to the car.
I was too, but this is my second Type R and the second time I added the insert, if that tells you anything lol. You don't notice it 99.9% of the time, and maybe only if you have the AC on and are stopped at a light. Even then it's intermittent at best. I wouldn't overthink it.

OP
OP
Ken242624

Ken242624

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was too, but this is my second Type R and the second time I added the insert, if that tells you anything lol. You don't notice it 99.9% of the time, and maybe only if you have the AC on and are stopped at a light. Even then it's intermittent at best. I wouldn't overthink it.
that's good to know, might reconsider this product lol. What brand are you using? I think most people are using either whittling or RV6 anti lift? and the Perrin inserts?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
that's good to know, might reconsider this product lol. What brand are you using? I think most people are using either whittling or RV6 anti lift? and the Perrin inserts?
I don't have an anti-lift but those that run it claim no added NVH so it feels safe to do. I have a Perrin insert for the RMM and it's really mild but def helps put things down out of turns and such better.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cusco's bracing set is going to make the steering very responsive from what I have read, have not installed yet though.

OP
OP
Ken242624

Ken242624

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Cusco's bracing set is going to make the steering very responsive from what I have read, have not installed yet though.
actually have a cusco center brace on the way. Will feel that out after installed.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I'm going to say something simpler.
Tires and alignment will make more difference than just about anything else unless you're building an all-out track car.
And, believe me, driving a 'real' race car on the street is no fun at all.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I don't have an anti-lift but those that run it claim no added NVH so it feels safe to do. I have a Perrin insert for the RMM and it's really mild but def helps put things down out of turns and such better.
Correct, no NVH with Whiteline's ALK. RV6's version, called Compliance Mount, can have NVH if you choose the stiffer Durometer Bushings - 3 are included with each kit with varying durometers

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
I'm going to say something simpler.
Tires and alignment will make more difference than just about anything else unless you're building an all-out track car.
And, believe me, driving a 'real' race car on the street is no fun at all.
I’m gonna also say lighter wheels. Less unsprung weight and rotational mass. equals better acceleration, braking and directional changes.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Definitely a good set of tires. A good tire with a solid sidewall and grip is underrated along with some negative camber up front.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
You can get a smaller steering wheel for a short ratio feel. A front end alignment specially a little bit of toe out can change turn in characteristics but add more tire wear. Playing around with tire/wheel width can also change turn in feel some.
Sponsored