tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
As the title implies, I’m looking to lower my car. But being that the fk8 is my daily driver, and the roads in San Diego aren’t the best, I don’t really want a spring that has an aggressive spring rate.

With that said, what’s my best option for springs to keep a close to stock ride? I wanted to go with swift springs but I’ve seen some people say it gets a tad bit too bouncy. My next option would possibly be spoon but I don’t really want to drop close to $600 for springs and have to wait lol. Possibly H&R?
Sponsored

tris428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had my heart set on H&R's, those seem to be the best for daily driving. But after doing some research, I decided on the Whiteline springs. They're similar spec to H&R with a 0.78 inch drop. They were on sale on KamiSpeed for $209 shipped.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Probably the more subtle spring rate increase / ride height drop springs like: Spoon, H&R, Eibach Pro-Kit, or Whiteline. I'm sure there are others, maybe Ktuned?

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 RR CTR, ‘16 Audi Q5
Country flag
C5B97A4F-B4D1-48E7-AAC5-771D46991681.jpeg

Just ordered from rhdjapan. They definitely do have the best price. Now I just gotta hope it’s not too long of a wait

I was in the same situation a while back. None available in the states so I ordered through RHDJAPAN. Delivered to my door before their quoted time and the cheapest price as well.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I would recommended Eibach Pro kit, slightly drop 0.8 inches and spring rate is slightly hard than OEM and keep the same ratio compared whit stock. You will feel the difference in R mode and also it will improve the cornering

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would recommended Eibach Pro kit, slightly drop 0.8 inches and spring rate is slightly hard than OEM and keep the same ratio compared whit stock. You will feel the difference in R mode and also it will improve the cornering
funny enough, i had someone tell me the same thing last night. he said Spoon was slightly harsher than eibach

OP
OP
tylerdelacruz

tylerdelacruz

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I told myself to stay away from Eibach cause I’ve seen too many posts about the rears being dropped lower than the fronts lol

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I told myself to stay away from Eibach cause I’ve seen too many posts about the rears being dropped lower than the fronts lol
Not at all, it keeps the same drop, what happens is the car from factory could look that way, I have seen people using two different springs for change the look and make the rear more taller than front

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
funny enough, i had someone tell me the same thing last night. he said Spoon was slightly harsher than eibach
My experience was the exact opposite, I previously had the Eibach Pro Kits and I hated them because the ride was terrible. The Spoons felt much better in comparison. The drops were virtually identical though.
Sponsored