Best springs for daily driver?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Just bought the eibach pro-kit. Currently running 18” 9.5 +45 setup. Anyone have pictures of what this setup will look like? Also bought Rv6 camber arms and control arms. Curious to know how much camber I’ll need to run for these if any.
youll have zero issues with that drop and that wheel sizing.
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't find my swifts are bouncy but that's just me. I am use to coilovers on my older Honda's, my CTR drives like a dream lol.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Awesome, running +38 ..also 255/40’s..still debating pulling the trigger not knowing if I will rub..springs would be nothing more then an inch drop?
It does rub a little bit when you are driving fast and get a bumpy area , also if you have the steering all the way existing from a drive way and it has an an even surface , not big deal but maybe for some people is annoying

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
It does rub a little bit when you are driving fast and get a bumpy area , also if you have the steering all the way existing from a drive way and it has an an even surface , not big deal but maybe for some people is annoying
Thanks for the feedback, the only think I got going for me additionally is I’m light weight haha maybe that will help

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback, the only think I got going for me additionally is I’m light weight haha maybe that will help
Yes, I mean everything I mentioned is nothing compared with all the benefits, better cornering , traction , brake , lightweight and cheaper tires range .., wait a minute , are we talking about tires? Or suspension ? Lol

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Yes, I mean everything I mentioned is nothing compared with all the benefits, better cornering , traction , brake , lightweight and cheaper tires range .., wait a minute , are we talking about tires? Or suspension ? Lol
Yea I hear you, I haven’t owned one vehicle that wasn’t lowered..if I left her alone this would be the first..I would pull the front pin for additional camber and maybe rear camber arms? Guess I won’t know for sure if I don’t try lol

Kaulpenney

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2020 si sedan and I just put on swift spec r springs and I have no issues with daily ability, I think they are comfortable. Never had anyone complain about it. Once I get a chance to take some pictures of them on the car I’ll post it up??

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Yea I hear you, I haven’t owned one vehicle that wasn’t lowered..if I left her alone this would be the first..I would pull the front pin for additional camber and maybe rear camber arms? Guess I won’t know for sure if I don’t try lol
I’m yes I you remove the front pin guide you can have a bit more camber but is around 0.8 more

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Rayzorman1 got Eibach Pro-Kit from us, here's his R on 18" winters. For a daily-friendly drop, it's between these and Whiteline's for us

6TIr1IXClIsOfyPviqFYb826R=w1481-h833-no?authuser=0.jpg
The Pro Kit pretty much feels stock most of the time. You will get a slight jar but again very rarely. Had 4 adults in the R last night with zero issues Summers will sit wider with the +38 offset, but still doubt there will be any issue/rubbing..... Highly recommend the Eibach Pro-kit.

arnelsantos25

First Name
Arnel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I got a white line lowering springs installed wheel set up 18x9.5 +45 with 255 40 18 tires I don't have any rubbing issues. And the ride is a little stiffer than stock on sports and r mode but comfort mode is close to oem

Honda Civic 10th gen Best springs for daily driver? IMG_20210601_145634__01

Honda Civic 10th gen Best springs for daily driver? IMG_20210601_145315

Honda Civic 10th gen Best springs for daily driver? IMG_20210601_145634__01

Honda Civic 10th gen Best springs for daily driver? IMG_20210601_145315

Alkimist

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone would like to chime in for the adjustable lowering spring to keep the oem dampening?

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wouldn’t get any of those options, and haven’t seen any user here use them or consider them. It seems like for not much more money, you can buy a very nice coilover suspension or, for 1/3 of the price of the adjustable spring sleeves, just go with any of the regular progressive spring out there. I don’t see any pros in the options listed.
Sponsored