Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
For a good balance of more low with good spring rates check out the Ktuned springs.
Sponsored

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm in the area. I've got a million rock chips already from daily driving it on the highways through QC.
I live in S. LA but road trip up to the Deals Gap area a few times per year and just all over in general. I feel that pain, or I should say my Type R does. Poor thing is a rock magnet.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For a good balance of more low with good spring rates check out the Ktuned springs.
+1 ! The most under-rated option out there. Probably closest to the Spoons in ride quality for literally half-price.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag

cameron.hill

First Name
Cameron Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (TSP S1, Ktuner, PRL Cobra CAI, MAP Street Exhaust)
Country flag
My car is running Spoon. It feels a lot like OEM and I do 90% of my driving in sport mode.

I have more pics in the CBP thread and the Titan7 thread.

2020-02-01 04.51.45 1.jpg
I'm definitely getting Spoon springs. Did you have to get any other parts along with the springs? or just springs

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
I'm definitely getting Spoon springs. Did you have to get any other parts along with the springs? or just springs
Only have the springs installed. Running different wheels now (18x9.5 +38) and still don't have any issues with the setup.

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the K-Tuned spring and liked them a great deal at first. Perfect, even .75" drop, a little firmer than stock, but seriously close to OEM ride.

I don't know if the heat treating on that batch was botched or what, but the compliance (soft) sections were completely collapsed on all four corners in around 10K miles. Was dropped about 1.5" and rode like it was on struts. It became miserable.

Since I'm less concerned with creature comfort and want the best possible handling with the stock dampeners, I replaced them with Swift Spec R springs with a 1" drop. Seriously, I would not recommend them for everyone. They still have a compliance (softer) section that provides a comfortable ride over smoother surfaces, but it's a serious performance ride. You feel every imperfection in the road surface...which I actually like. I'm fine with this as I'm the type that makes several trips per year to The Dragon area to race some of the best mountain roads in our nation, occasionally track the car, etc. I didn't purchase an FK8 to putt around.

I've ridden in at least a dozen Type R's and the best compromise for a near OEM ride, with a bit better wheel well gap and slightly improved handling is the way too expensive Spoon springs. Like a seriously OEM ride quality. I've experienced nothing that compares.

So, for what it's worth, my recommendation if you want to keep the stock suspension components and want a nicer stanced, slightly enhanced OEM ride, go Spoon. If you are hardcore, the Swift Spec R will not disappoint. Both of the options are, IMHO, perfect for their nature.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I had the K-Tuned spring and liked them a great deal at first. Perfect, even .75" drop, a little firmer than stock, but seriously close to OEM ride.

I don't know if the heat treating on that batch was botched or what, but the compliance (soft) sections were completely collapsed on all four corners in around 10K miles. Was dropped about 1.5" and rode like it was on struts. It became miserable.

Since I'm less concerned with creature comfort and want the best possible handling with the stock dampeners, I replaced them with Swift Spec R springs with a 1" drop. Seriously, I would not recommend them for everyone. They still have a compliance (softer) section that provides a comfortable ride over smoother surfaces, but it's a serious performance ride. You feel every imperfection in the road surface...which I actually like. I'm fine with this as I'm the type that makes several trips per year to The Dragon area to race some of the best mountain roads in our nation, occasionally track the car, etc. I didn't purchase an FK8 to putt around.

I've ridden in at least a dozen Type R's and the best compromise for a near OEM ride, with a bit better wheel well gap and slightly improved handling is the way too expensive Spoon springs. Like a seriously OEM ride quality. I've experienced nothing that compares.

So, for what it's worth, my recommendation if you want to keep the stock suspension components and want a nicer stanced, slightly enhanced OEM ride, go Spoon. If you are hardcore, the Swift Spec R will not disappoint. Both of the options are, IMHO, perfect for their nature.
I was going to get the K-tuned then they were discontinued. Guess I’m happy I didn’t get them. I ended up with Tein S.tech’s which have almost identical spring rates to the K-Tuned if I’m not mistaken. I’m happy with them, but I haven’t ridden in any other FK8s on lowering springs to have a basis of comparison. Curious if you’ve ever ridden in an FK8 with Tein S.tech?

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I was going to get the K-tuned then they were discontinued. Guess I’m happy I didn’t get them. I ended up with Tein S.tech’s which have almost identical spring rates to the K-Tuned if I’m not mistaken. I’m happy with them, but I haven’t ridden in any other FK8s on lowering springs to have a basis of comparison. Curious if you’ve ever ridden in an FK8 with Tein S.tech?
I love my S Techs

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have not. Most of the FK8's I've driven or ridden in have had Spoon springs, or one of the two Swift springs. Though I went with the hard core option, I must say that for an improved OEM ride/handling package, the Spoon springs are simply amazing.

I hope the Tein S. Tech's serve you well, bro! Wish I knew more about them. AlphaDigital seems happy with them and that's a good sign!

Last edited:

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
If you are going with the Spoon springs, you may as well get rigid collars and the zero bump steer kit while you are at it. It’s not that much more money and works very well as a kit.

Fit everything once and get your alignment done right after.