Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I have Spoon springs and forget I'm running an aftermarket spring most of the time. I actually think they make R mode feel better as the spring matches the damper more IMO.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dom_dub

dom_dub

OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R 2020, 96 Jetta VR6, 71' Corvette LS6, 72 240Z, 97 Supercharged Maxima A32
Country flag

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't you order a CW Type R? Or am I tripping lol...

OP
OP
dom_dub

dom_dub

OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R 2020, 96 Jetta VR6, 71' Corvette LS6, 72 240Z, 97 Supercharged Maxima A32
Country flag
Didn't you order a CW Type R? Or am I tripping lol...
Yes back in February .. When the COVID arrived... I've canceled my order to the dealership because since that car was supposed to be a DEMO project vehicle for our magazine/event company... I thought we would have been in lock down for the whole summer. Then when everything came back to almost normal, my friend Cody got his Type R late May and I've decided to order a new one in boost blue. (I already had second thoughts when I ordered my CW)

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes back in February .. When the COVID arrived... I've canceled my order to the dealership because since that car was supposed to be a DEMO project vehicle for our magazine/event company... I thought we would have been in lock down for the whole summer. Then when everything came back to almost normal, my friend Cody got his Type R late May and I've decided to order a new one in boost blue. (I already had second thoughts when I ordered my CW)
Ah ok makes sense now! Well good choice on the color swap, to many CW's around anyway lol.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm leaning toward Whiteline springs over Eibach Pro-Kit due to the rears being stiffer than stock, and that should make it more playful.
Careful with Whiteline. They gave me very uneven drop, 3mm only on driver front. I swapped out and after one winter they had no coating left and heavily corroded.

OP
OP
dom_dub

dom_dub

OctaneFix Magazine
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.octanefix.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car got a complete ppf xpel. And still I don't do much highway...

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have the Eibach Pro-kits and planning to replace them with the Spoon springs. Like you, I wanted to maintain the OEM suspension feel while reducing the wheel gap for my '18s. Although the Pro-kits satisfied the part of reducing the wheel gap, the ride is much stiffer (at least IMO) vs. OEM. Hence my intention to swap them to the Spoon springs, which I hear is more compliant. @02SilverSiHB did this swap, hoping he can chime in.

Regarding the Eibach vs Swift ride height being almost the same, are you referring to the Eibach Sportlines? If so, then yes the ride height are similar. Both lower the car more than the Eibach Pro-kits and Spoon springs. I'd imagine they're more stiffer as well.
hey, sorry, haven't been on the boards too much lately. but yeah, I had prokit..they are designed a bit differently than spoon and felt horrible for the area I lived in...spoon felt way better.

AbpSi814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag
I’ve been riding on teins. They are soft like stock. Not good for the track however as I found out a few days ago but seems to be good for your purpose.

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
I’ve been riding on teins. They are soft like stock. Not good for the track however as I found out a few days ago but seems to be good for your purpose.
Would you care to elaborate on what happened at the track that was an issue? I've seen several stock or lightly modified CTR's at my local track and all had nothing but smiles and no complaints,

USMC.E5k

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My car is running Spoon. It feels a lot like OEM and I do 90% of my driving in sport mode.

I have more pics in the CBP thread and the Titan7 thread.

2020-02-01 04.51.45 1.jpg
Can you post more pics of your car and the specs on your wheels and tires?

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Careful with Whiteline. They gave me very uneven drop, 3mm only on driver front. I swapped out and after one winter they had no coating left and heavily corroded.
THIS IS TRUE! I am not happy with Whiteline. The drop is not even. Im getting Eibach Pro Kit
Sponsored