Best exterior color quality after weeks / months of CTR ownership?

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Which color seems to keep it's luster and appearance better than others? I plan on buying an "R" in the next few days, maybe weeks. The dealership I always buy from just received a red one today just off the truck when I was visiting. The longevity of the red's finish concerns me.

I own a lunar silver Si now. I picked that color because I have found that Honda metallic colors seem to last longer than the flat ones. I own a Crosstour in white metallic (forgot the color name, but so far, it last over 5 years and still shines like new.). Have owned 7 Hondas in 8 years, and each car was well taken care of giving me top dollar in trades. But lately, Honda has dropped some really good colors that were long lasting. So far, I like the light grey and white metallics.
Sponsored

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Its all to do with maintenance and protecting the paint from UV. PPF and ceramic coat will help preserve the paint. I have CBP and almost a year later is looks great. I only did ceramic coat and maintenance washes with chem guys V07 sealant as my drying agent. Its all about protection and maintenance.

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I agree with the right maintenance and PPF any color will hold up. I plan to clear bra the ENTIRE front of my CTR before I ever drive it. I live in the Rocky Mountains and did this with my TRD Pro 4Runner in 2015. When I traded it in for my Trundra a few months ago the dealer could not believe how the front end looked brand new with 60k on the odometer. I then showed them that the front end had clear bra and they gave me an extra grand on my trade value

dohcredsol

First Name
dohcredsol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Ceramic coat will solve all your questions. AMB is my pick

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It won't answer dents, scratches, and rock chips.
Rock chips and dents cannot be answered by any paint tbh. Ppf is another layer for scratches and rocks. But as far as maintaining the clear coat ceramic does go a long way by being a second skin.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
how wells the clear plastic film keep rock chips off front?

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
If you go with XPEL or another ppt go with an installer with a good reputation as that is half the battle. Not cheap but everything I've read is pointing towards this or one or two other competitors products.
I just bought Red because I love it. Its in the barn now but I have an appointment next week for an XPEL application to the entire front (well worth doing the hood as it is aluminum) (includes lights, front soldiers grill, etc), lower side panels, REAR ARHCES, D-pillars, scuff plates, and the forward sloped portion of the top roof.
After that I'm, getting a good coat of Zaino paint sealant to help protect the rest of the Red paint.
I did something very similar with my 2011 Grabber Blue GT500 and I am very happy with the results so far.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Anything but black.
Black is tough for sure but I think red might be worse when it comes to UV. Red pigments tend to be very susceptible to UV degradation. Clear coat and even ceramics help with UV degradation but not a great deal, no matter what the claims of the coating manufacturers. A 100% increase on almost nothing is still almost nothing. A red car left in the sun will turn pink eventually, no matter how clean and/or pristine the coating.

I still want RR though. :)