Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Silver is the best color for hiding dirt but I’m not sure if that’s a color that would look good on this car.
You can't get silver in the US, unfortunately. That would have been nice.
Sponsored

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I'm in the process of getting my R. I'm getting CW just because that's the heritage color, and me being a purist I wouldn't be happy if I got any other color. But I will say one thing, RR in my opinion looks the best with all the black accents and black/red interior.

But I'll be plenty happy with the CW because it's such a special color that can only be obtained with a Type R.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
PMM looks great in pictures and was my first choice but it was kind of a let down in person.

Definitely don't go off pictures. If there's a meet, you should check out all the colors in person to see what you like.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me, there is only one color.

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag
I've decided to get a Type R, but cannot decide on color... What's your favorite color and why?

I currently have a 2017 Civic Si in black, and I'm pretty sure I don't want another black car (will be my daily driver and I drive 25k-30k mi/year). My dealer will have a white one soon, and white is fine - but I'm not 100% sure that's what I want. I need some peer-pressure.
To each their own. It may be hard to do, but if you can, try to find each color and see it in person. I was lucky enough to have seen them all at my local dealership. First one they received was black. I've had 3 other black cars and I know what it's like to daily drive them. I wash and detail my cars myself but I really don't have as much time as I used to. Their next one that came in was CW. It was high on my list but a bunch of my friends already had white Si' s and the big vents with the white didn't really do it for me. I also feel CW was going to be the most common since it was indeed a "heritage" color. Rallye Red came next... but I knew that was out as it was too much red for me with the red interior. Plus the only red cars I've really liked are F cars and NFR S2000s. The one that won me over was the PMM. It came just in time off the truck when I was ready to pull the trigger on one. I was looking at S3's prior to the R, and really loved Daytona Gray. I picked this because it was going to be a daily and I wouldn't have to clean it as much as the black. It pops just enough to get the looks but doesn't attract the LEOs as much IMO.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
ABM was the only color for me.

It comes down to what your personal color preference is.

I've always loved medium to dark blue or green cars.

My taste in colors has always tended towards the cooler end of the color spectrum with a few notable exceptions like the PY ITR.

2017_TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #5436
Country flag
My top two choices were RR and ABM (in that order). Honda sent ABM. I have really grown to love this color and the way color shifts depending on lighting.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Best/Favorite color for Type R? image I knew I'm too lazy to wash my car . So I picked PMM. This thing doesn't get dirty! Pic from no wash for a month ....

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
image.jpg I knew I'm too lazy to wash my car . So I picked PMM. This thing doesn't get dirty! Pic from no wash for a month ....
From what I've read, many/most swirls are from improper car washing.

then... cant get swirls if you never wash your car right?

*taps forehead.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
From what I've read, many/most swirls are from improper car washing.

then... cant get swirls if you never wash your car right?

*taps forehead.
I feel most people would be best off never laying a hand on their paint. I get my new cars Opti-Coat Pro coated days after taking the keys and while I wash the car weekly via wand wash, nothing but water ever contacts my paint outside of an Iron X and 2-bucket wash every sprins. It doesn't matter how good your rags or chamois are you are going to swirl new paint after enough contact. My cars never have swirls in the paint. Even my black R looks perfect after two years.

R-00620

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I always want a Rallye Red Civic. My RR Type-R follows my previous two Rallye Red SI's (1989 & 2008). I'm glad that my local dealer could get it for me (swapping an Aegean Blue with a sister dealer in northern Wisconsin).

Mike

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I always want a Rallye Red Civic. My RR Type-R follows my previous two Rallye Red SI's (1989 & 2008). I'm glad that my local dealer could get it for me (swapping an Aegean Blue with a sister dealer in northern Wisconsin).

Mike
Which dealer ? I got mine from Rhinelander
Sponsored