drewmac9

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the best brands for bolt ons and the best bang for your buck parts. The must haves for the 10th gen si.

Thanks!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I see you added your car to my tuning thread so you have the best power mod - a KTuner. And you have a PRL downpipe. The next best move would be upgrading from your base maps to something like the Phearable 1.5 R tune.

A PRL Cobra CAI and the 27Won intake are quality bolt ons to consider. An intercooler is another thing to consider.

Other nice upgrades include the Acuity shifter stuff, a bigger rear sway bar, better tires.

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
There are so many opinions on this, but here's mine.
1. Ktuner V2 and either TSP stage 1 or Phearable 1.5 will work.
2. Eibach Pro kit lowering springs.
3. Upgrade your tires! I use ultra high performance all-season tires for where I live.
4. Put money aside for a clutch kit. Might get lucky and not need it.
5. Acuity shifter mods feel good, and throttle spacer moves throttle closer to brake pedal for a better feel.
6. EBC Red Stuff pads all around for the street. Keep the stock rotors. If you put the car on a big track look for a brake package, otherwise, stay close to stock for cost.
7. Perrin rear motor mount inserts. Keeps things quiet and improves launches.

With the above mods, you'll be set to go, turn, and stop. With basic tools, you'll also be able to do all of this yourself. Just need a spring compressor for the front struts. If you plan to autocross, upgrade the rear sway bar. Having a chance to do things again, I'd go this route so I can keep the option to sell the car should the need arise. Too much work to restore my car now.

Have fun above all else.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Defffffinitely get the the PRL intake (what I had in my Si) or the 27Won (heard a lot of good things). If for nothing else than the swooosh sound lol. I was a big fan of the AWE touring exhaust (comes with a front pipe too) but that’s all personal preference for aesthetic (not sure you’d be able to find a reputable exhaust brand who’s sound you DIDNT like).

ayy @BoostedDreams nice pfp lol

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
I second the lighter wheels and sticky tires man that changed all the car in every way

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Best bang for your buck power mods on the 1.5t platform are, in order;
  1. KTuner + Custom Tune
  2. Flex Fuel
These are in a tier of their own, and each will completely change the way your car drives.

After that, you're looking at;
  1. 3'' Downpipe
  2. PRL CAI Race MAF
In order to support these mods, you're going to want;
  1. Intercooler (piping is optional)
  2. Better tires.
  3. Clutch (some get away without upgrading clutch, but set aside money in case you are unlucky)
Other "power" mods like turbo inlet pipe, front pipe back exhaust, etc. have no effect on power unless you upgrade the turbo.

There are other mods that are as effective per dollar, but don't affect power. But that's a different conversation.

OP
OP

drewmac9

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Defffffinitely get the the PRL intake (what I had in my Si) or the 27Won (heard a lot of good things). If for nothing else than the swooosh sound lol. I was a big fan of the AWE touring exhaust (comes with a front pipe too) but that’s all personal preference for aesthetic (not sure you’d be able to find a reputable exhaust brand who’s sound you DIDNT like).

ayy @BoostedDreams nice pfp lol
Did you have the short ram or cobra?