What bolt ons should I do first?

JBusold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just bought a PRL cobra CAI. Was looking to buy a ktuner, dp, and exhaust system eventually. Do I need to have the ktuner before the downpipe to get a baseline? And also is it better to buy an exhaust (MAP, GReddy or invidia) before buying the aftermarket (PRL) downpipe, or am I good to get the downpipe before an exhaust?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely get the tuner next and take it from there. Street or Race MAF? For the record, the exhaust system will be about 99% sound and nothing more.

OP
OP
JBusold

JBusold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Definitely get the tuner next and take it from there. Street or Race MAF? For the record, the exhaust system will be about 99% sound and nothing more.
Street MAF, and yeah I know but eventually going to get one and wasn’t sure if it made more sense to get downpipe after a new exhaust

OP
OP
JBusold

JBusold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Get the tuner before any further bolt ons if budget is restricted, the basemaps alone make a MASSIVE difference
Alright sounds good thanks for the input, any specific time you use? See a lot of people using TSP 1/2, I was leaning more towards Phearable though

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
He must recommendations, as I just had all my bolt-ons installed today
1. Ktuner v1.2
2. Mishimoto intercooler
3. Hasport rmm
4. Prl intake
5. Exhaust ( i purchased greddy)

The car is night and day difference. And regardless of what people say, get the rmm. I had the complete set on my srt4 and this mod makes a world of difference.

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You can't go wrong with either tsp stage 1 or phearable, also I think tsp stage 2 is for flex fuel specifically. The ktuner starter maps are pretty good as well but not as good imo
TSP stage 2 is 100% for ethenol. You can run with just gas but that is a waste cause that's what stage 1 is.

IMO, the best 2 mods are tune and tires.

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I did Mishimoto intake (The sound is so good) and Remark exhaust (Also great sound) and my car honestly felt slower. Got a Ktuner and Phearable stage 1.5 tune and let me tell you.....THAT IS THE MAGIC.

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Downpipe and ktuner will get you good gains for the money. Prl e85 with stage 2 would be a good step after.
Sponsored