Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
wow, but the protector is glass... and the testing piece is plastic, it wont give the same result... haha
I was trying to see if there is another screen on the car for it to cover but nada...
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow, but the protector is glass... and the testing piece is plastic, it wont give the same result... haha
haha, oh well. mine came with a scrap test piece, i just stuck it on my really old itouch, lol

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Alright just installed it, took about 10 mins to install everything looks fine except there's 1 big ass bubble on the left side that I can't do anything about... It looks very ugly!!
IMG_20161115_171345.jpg
you need to check if your screen is actually flat. That's what i found on my head uint and I had the same issue - the screen itself is not flat on the corner. i managed to get rid of the bubble by pressing it every day and eventually, it won't pop up again. lol

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
my just came in today... but i have no idea what is this small piece for...
IMG_20161115_145842.jpg
i asked the buyer, this is a bonus piece for ship knob panel where you have 'PRNDLS', just stick it on~~~

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you need to check if your screen is actually flat. That's what i found on my head uint and I had the same issue - the screen itself is not flat on the corner. i managed to get rid of the bubble by pressing it every day and eventually, it won't pop up again. lol
Everyday?! That's crazy... Well if is the only way, I'll have do it too

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
haha, oh well. mine came with a scrap test piece, i just stuck it on my really old itouch, lol
this is not a test piece, it's for the shift knob panel where you have "PRNDSL"

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Everyday?! That's crazy... Well if is the only way, I'll have do it too
I took the screen protector out and checked, the problem is the screen itself is not flat but the glass is, so that's why this bubble shows up here, I tried to press the plastic bezel next to it and it made the bubble smaller eventually the bubble goes away.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AHH..i see. kinda a odd place to put a protector. good to know

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took the screen protector out and checked, the problem is the screen itself is not flat but the glass is, so that's why this bubble shows up here, I tried to press the plastic bezel next to it and it made the bubble smaller eventually the bubble goes away.
Are we the only 3 user using tempered glass on the Head Unit... Or we the only 3 having issue...

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This piece should come the day my dog took over my car... That shift knob panel is all scratch up already...

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Are we the only 3 user using tempered glass on the Head Unit... Or we the only 3 having issue...
Add 1 more, so now 4. LOL

Seriously though, I have the giant bubble in the upper right corner and can't seem to get rid of it. It is hardly noticeable when the HU is on. I only notice it when the screen is dark. I do really like that it's 'like' gorilla glass, and so far has not presented any problems with operation of the screen options. I'll be patient to see if the bubble slowly disappears. Still think it was worth the money. I did not get that extra piece. GRR.

huangd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have link to the door sills? I am specifically interested in the scuff guard on the door itself. I hate scraping and leaving marks on the door every time I get out of the car. I can't find any on eBay. If I search for "door sill", all I see are the ones that go on the step. Thanks!

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a similar 6H tempered glass protector on my 5.7" phone screen, and was initially looking for the same sort of thing for the Display Audio Screen. However, I have never had a single one of those tempered protectors that didn't lift at the edges, even in the most perfect of applications. The ones for phones are tempered glass because shattering impacts are common. I know reviews of the Display Audio fault it for complexity... but what owner is going to skip through rage 1-4 and go berserk on it? I got this film protector. I wanted something to prevent scratches, smudges, and reduce reflection and glare. It went on super-easy on the first attempt, and the few bubbles that were there were easily pushed out with a credit card.

If you're heart absolutely desires a tempered glass protector, get a spray applicator from a phone kit; then, clean the screen, and your fingertips before applying. If you want bonus points for reducing dust while applying the protector, use a humidifier hooked up to an inverter or bring a bunch of heated up water in the car to give off vapor.

I haven't scratched anything inside or out on my new Civic, but I bought a set of self-healing clear film door cup and sill guards. I'll be putting those on this weekend.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I haven't scratched anything inside or out on my new Civic, but I bought a set of self-healing clear film door cup and sill guards. I'll be putting those on this weekend.
Which sill guard film are you going to put on. I am thinking about doing the same. I applied 3M door guard film just the other day.
Sponsored