Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Nice! I'm in for the screen protector. Just wondering if it's removeable if the Head Unit needs to be replaced for some reason.
Reusable if you're okay with lint, dust and bubbles
Sponsored

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Received the tempered glass protector and I'm not really happy about how much effort it takes to apply. This one does not play nicely with the screen. I've applied numerous tempered glass protectors on my tablets and phones in the past with ease, some of the lower quality ones are tougher than others. This one wouldn't go on nicely without peeling and reapplying it so that I could get the air bubbles out. Normally you could just push them out with a credit card or squeegee but not this one. Huge air bubbles that won't go away under you peel and reapply. By the time you reapply it to remove all the huge bubbles, you've managed to trap a bunch of dust under it. Fit is good but I am disappointed overall.

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Received the tempered glass protector and I'm not really happy about how much effort it takes to apply. This one does not play nicely with the screen. I've applied numerous tempered glass protectors on my tablets and phones in the past with ease, some of the lower quality ones are tougher than others. This one wouldn't go on nicely without peeling and reapplying it so that I could get the air bubbles out. Normally you could just push them out with a credit card or squeegee but not this one. Huge air bubbles that won't go away under you peel and reapply. By the time you reapply it to remove all the huge bubble, you've managed to trap a bunch of dust under it. Fit is good but I am disappointed overall.
It comes with the lens wipe. Before applying the screen protector, I used the wipe to wipe the screens and then apply the protector.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It comes with the lens wipe. Before applying the screen protector, I used the wipe to wipe the screens and then apply the protector.
Cleaned it really well with the wipes. Initial problem isn't with a dirty screen but with the trapped air, and they wouldn't go away by simply pushing them with a card or squeegee (like most other glass protectors). They refused to go away unless I took it off and reapplied it. Dust gets trapped underneath by the time I was done readjusting it so that there wouldn't be any air bubbles.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Does the protector minumize smudging?
No more than any other tempered glass protector tbh. It's glossy smooth, not matte like the original screen. I'd argue that it does better than a PET protector though. You'll see fingerprints in the sun.

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
Does the protector minumize smudging?
I think the protector protects the screen against scratches, the dust and dirt can be cleaned easily with paper towel. I made several scratched on my screen earlier when this protector was not available but now I'm happy without worry to scratch it. I applied them protector very very carefully to avoid bubbles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_4547.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_4549.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_4552.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_4561.JPG

OP
OP

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
I will Show you guys some new goodies tomorrow.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my just came in today... but i have no idea what is this small piece for...
Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_20161115_145842

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright just installed it, took about 10 mins to install everything looks fine except there's 1 big ass bubble on the left side that I can't do anything about... It looks very ugly!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Back bumper cover, rear spoiler, siding and SCREEN PROTECTOR IMG_20161115_171345

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my just came in today... but i have no idea what is this small piece for...
IMG_20161115_145842.jpg
That is most likely a test piece that comes with most screen protectors. you place it on the screen and see if you like how it feels/performs. that way you can decide if you want to put the full piece on or not.

Last edited:

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Alright just installed it, took about 10 mins to install everything looks fine except there's 1 big ass bubble on the left side that I can't do anything about... It looks very ugly!!
IMG_20161115_171345.jpg
SAME exact spot for me.

Try pressing the plastic bezel (to the left of the bubble). That made the bubble smaller for me. But again, not very happy with it.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SAME exact spot for me.

Try pressing the plastic bezel (to the left of the bubble). That made the bubble smaller for me. But again, not very happy with it.
doesnt work at all... bubble still there... i try to tape it down for a day and lets see how it looks tomorrow...

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is most likely a test piece that comes with most screen protectors. you place it on the screen and see if you like how it feels/performs. that way you can decide if you want to put the full piece on or not.
wow, but the protector is glass... and the testing piece is plastic, it wont give the same result... haha
Sponsored