Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to track night at Buttonwillow in April...need suggestions on brake pads and rotors before race day.

Seems there is no EBC pads out yet for our cars but I may be wrong. Don’t want to do a BBK at this time. Help needed
What tire did you track on? You should not have an issue with stock rotors but an upgraded pad compound would be beneficial, sadly I don't think anyone has an off the shelf option yet. If you want to spend the coin you can get some cut for you. I'm thinking I may do that or perhaps design a BBK package.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Rotors already have slight grooves from metal to metal contact lol. I’m on cheap pads for normal driving for now. I’m interested in this BBK package idea you have. What brand and specifics are you thinking of going with?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rotors already have slight grooves from metal to metal contact lol. I’m on cheap pads for normal driving for now. I’m interested in this BBK package idea you have. What brand and specifics are you thinking of going with?
When I took our 17 HBS out for the first track day I did the same and killed the pads. Got 5 sessions total out of it and only 3 that were worth anything. I also had a ton of tire on the car. Will be back out on track this weekend with both cars to do some more R&D.

If you are needing OEM style pads for now you can have custom ones cut but expect to pay around $150-$200 a set. G-Loc, Cobalt, and Carbotech can all do this.

For a BBK it's an idea at the moment but I know we can utilize an already common size caliper and rotor upgrade and create the brackets and hardware needed to adapt and make it fit the various chassis.

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
We will be installing and testing StopTech's Big Brake Kit in the next few weeks. We were anxious to get our hands on some performance brake pads to see what a stock-ish brake system would do, but nothing has become available yet.

We'll report back, as the stock pads couldn't handle a single track day even with stock tires. The car did have a FlashPro tune, so power levels were higher than stock and may have contributed to the extreme pad wear. In any case, we are eager to try out the new brake kit!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We will be installing and testing StopTech's Big Brake Kit in the next few weeks. We were anxious to get our hands on some performance brake pads to see what a stock-ish brake system would do, but nothing has become available yet.

We'll report back, as the stock pads couldn't handle a single track day even with stock tires. The car did have a FlashPro tune, so power levels were higher than stock and may have contributed to the extreme pad wear. In any case, we are eager to try out the new brake kit!
Which kit in specifically will you be running?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There are pads that fit the Si front caliper if guys are looking for some but they are very limited ..
The 2016-2017 Accord Sport Pads fit but they don’t have the OEM spring provision that the OEM Si pad has and the are also 2mm thinner on pad material.. they will work but they are not perfect... the next Pad that will work 100% with the Si front calipers is the 2016 Acura RDX base model pads... they have the spring precision like the OEM Si Pad does and are the same thickness... but your pad choices are limited to currently 2 pad selections ...Hawk HPS 5.0 and PowerStop z23’s....:hmm:

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
In for brake pad info. I will track mine eventually but I guess I will only do 3-4 laps until a decent pad comes out. I just gotta see how she feels on track!

Stock with summer tires, Eagle F1's, I think she will lap under 1:50 at Road Atlanta.

Installed the Acuity throttle spacer and is a must for the track if you plan on heel toe. Lines up how a stock EG is and that is what I am used to.

Last edited:

LudeAEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LS430, Prelude
Country flag
^ brake longevity has a lot to due with the track you've at and driving style/habits.

Not saying under 1:50 is not doable but I did a 1:46 in my C5 Z06 a few years ago. Keep us updated.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Si, 2016 Mazda Miata GT, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Country flag
You aren't kidding
Miata 3:20.8
Fiat 124 3:16.9
SI 3:14.6

C&D attributed the Fiats speed over the Miata too better power delivery.
I have a 2016 Miata and a 2017 Si sedan. Miata can carry more speed into a turn but has no where near the mid-range pull the of the Si. I find the Si faster at exit and straight line (except from a dead stop). Both are remarkablly fun cars.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a lead on some race pads, will be getting them shortly. I'll be sure to share what we use with you guys.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2016 Miata and a 2017 Si sedan. Miata can carry more speed into a turn but has no where near the mid-range pull the of the Si. I find the Si faster at exit and straight line (except from a dead stop). Both are remarkablly fun cars.
Having autocrossed a ND, I'd say the ND is more fun. The 550 fewer pounds certainly help.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
How about the HPD pads Honda installed on all the Sis that were used for the press drives on the track at Honda Proving Grounds in the Mojave Desert last May?
I wonder if one can just go to the dealership and buy some
Sponsored