Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Quick question before the big day tomorrow. Does filling my tank with some 101 octane gas improve performance at all? I do have Vit’s stage one tune running on the car at the moment. 91 octane is the best we can get at the normal gas stations otherwise
Sponsored

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
So track day has come and gone. My brake pads lasted 3 sessions before completely dying. In case anyone is wondering, don’t go to the auto parts store and have them search for Si brake pads. Tell them you need 2017 accord sport brake pads, otherwise you’ll get the wrong ones.

The best lap time I managed to record was 2:00.41. My third session times were unfortunately not recorded because my app didn’t start up on time. Overall a great experience and I know I can get better track times with a good set of race pads and sticky tires

Threesixm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
My front brakes faded at buttonwillow around the 3rd session. Defintely upgrading before my next track day.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I tracked my EX-T last year when I still had it with no issues and no heat soak.

Hopefully no issues with my Si as well, I am going to be changing brake fluid and upgrading the pads once I destroy the stock ones.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
I tracked my EX-T last year when I still had it with no issues and no heat soak.

Hopefully no issues with my Si as well, I am going to be changing brake fluid and upgrading the pads once I destroy the stock ones.
Haha I completely wore down the stock pads after three sessions.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Haha I completely wore down the stock pads after three sessions.

For some reason I am just scared to the break the car. I know that sounds stupid I totally get that this is a more track focused version, maybe its because its my first stick shift.

But I feel like I need to at least hit 5k miles before I can consider thrashing it a bit more.

bcskelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tracked my stock Si in October at a PDX. It ran well, though admittedly it was crowded so I wasn't able to push it quite as hard as I'd of liked to. I had some noticeable brake fade after 4 sessions. I'll definitely be getting better brake pads and tires before long.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
So track day has come and gone. My brake pads lasted 3 sessions before completely dying. In case anyone is wondering, don’t go to the auto parts store and have them search for Si brake pads. Tell them you need 2017 accord sport brake pads, otherwise you’ll get the wrong ones.

The best lap time I managed to record was 2:00.41. My third session times were unfortunately not recorded because my app didn’t start up on time. Overall a great experience and I know I can get better track times with a good set of race pads and sticky tires
So what's your impression of the car's performance? Were you pushing your skills to your limit?

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
None of my sessions were with just me in the car. I kept giving my friends ride alongs so my times could be better with a bit less weight. Laguna is also a very technical track, I kept making mistakes on a few turns. The car, sans the brake pads, held up very well.

If I could get some good brakes and sticky tires I’m sure I’ll break a sub 2 minute time next time around. With more suspension mods and a bit more power I might even keep up with the miatas lol

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
With more suspension mods and a bit more power I might even keep up with the miatas lol
Funny you say that because on car and driver's lightning lap the Si seemed to out perform the Fiata(I know its not the Miata but they are pretty much identical) on the track.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Funny you say that because on car and driver's lightning lap the Si seemed to out perform the Fiata(I know its not the Miata but they are pretty much identical) on the track.
You aren't kidding
Miata 3:20.8
Fiat 124 3:16.9
SI 3:14.6

C&D attributed the Fiats speed over the Miata too better power delivery.

OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Going to track night at Buttonwillow in April...need suggestions on brake pads and rotors before race day.

Seems there is no EBC pads out yet for our cars but I may be wrong. Don’t want to do a BBK at this time. Help needed
Sponsored