Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I wonder if one can just go to the dealership and buy some
Nope.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible to purchase parts from Honda Performance Development you must be:
  • A registered member of the Honda Racing Line
  • Able to prove current membership in a nationally recognized sanctioning body
  • Able to provide current and official race results from at least two (2) events (results listed as DNS do not count) within the past 12 months
http://hpd.honda.com/content/racing-line/become-a-member/Membership-Requirements.pdf

Personally, I think it's somewhat misleading for Honda to have installed brake pads that are not available to most Honda Civic Si buyers on dozens of cars that were driven and evaluated by automotive journalists.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
Nope.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible to purchase parts from Honda Performance Development you must be:
  • A registered member of the Honda Racing Line
  • Able to prove current membership in a nationally recognized sanctioning body
  • Able to provide current and official race results from at least two (2) events (results listed as DNS do not count) within the past 12 months
http://hpd.honda.com/content/racing-line/become-a-member/Membership-Requirements.pdf

Personally, I think it's somewhat misleading for Honda to have installed brake pads that are not available to most Honda Civic Si buyers on dozens of cars that were driven and evaluated by automotive journalists.
Sooo...make friends with someone who races for Honda. Got it!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update guys,

Here are the G-LOC part numbers and prices for there race pads with an R8 compound. If you want to switch up the compound you need only change the last two digits.

Front: GP1001A-R8 $203

Rear: GP1878-R8 $185

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
^ brake longevity has a lot to due with the track you've at and driving style/habits.

Not saying under 1:50 is not doable but I did a 1:46 in my C5 Z06 a few years ago. Keep us updated.
Road Atlanta is not as bad on brakes unless it is 90F in sun. AMP, Atlanta Motorsports Park, is hard on brakes at any ambient temp. I wish the engine was broken in already so I can take it out on track.

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Road Atlanta is not as bad on brakes unless it is 90F in sun. AMP, Atlanta Motorsports Park, is hard on brakes at any ambient temp. I wish the engine was broken in already so I can take it out on track.
I took her out on Road Atlanta. I did not time myself since I was lifting a lot so I wouldn't destroy the brakes. Plus I had a student in the car most of the time so I didn't want to push it. Easily under 2 minutes at 50% though. Definitely needs more camber in the front and a bigger sway in the rear. LSD worked great. I didn't cooked the brakes because it is my home track and I know how to manage brake temps there.

I took it to Atlanta Motorsports Park last Sunday and cooked the pads. AMP is a brake heavy track though. She is plenty fast, I just need her to slow down!

And G loc said they are out of stock.

I guess I will get Hawk 5.0. I mean what else can I get. they make DTC 60s on the regular civics but not Si's. Stupid.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase