Anyone bought the J's Racing full titanium exhaust? Weight ?????

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

BustAXX

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r fk8
Country flag
as a reference I can tell you that the Rampage weighs 15 pounds so the JS Racing will weigh 4 or 5 pounds more

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
as a reference I can tell you that the Rampage weighs 15 pounds so the JS Racing will weigh 4 or 5 pounds more
Damn thats light ! Definitely cheaper too.
Not a fan of the fart can sound it makes though :( Plus the tips don't stick out far enough away from the body. I'd be washing that car 3x a week!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a guy on facebook that posted about his. He mentioned the welds were crappy and it also droned a lot...I don't think he kept it. He had the semi titanium one.

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB thats me. If your going for sound and down turn tips yes but the "titanium" is false its only the muffler portion. I still have it installed on the car.

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB lverSiHB thats me. If your going for sound and down turn tips yes but the "titanium" is false its only the muffler portion. I still have it installed on the car.
yeah, just saw your other post. Check out that HKS one with the dolphin tip...hoping they do dual tip like J's...I'm interested in it.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB lverSiHB thats me. If your going for sound and down turn tips yes but the "titanium" is false its only the muffler portion. I still have it installed on the car.
Yeah i did notice it's very misleading when it says it's "semi-titanium" and what they actually mean is that it's only the tips.
HKS has a very light SS exhaust for about a grand. Sounds good. Looks good. But it says it's only for August '17 and up Type R's ? I got mine in June '17. Was there a change?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah i did notice it's very misleading when it says it's "semi-titanium" and what they actually mean is that it's only the tips.
HKS has a very light SS exhaust for about a grand. Sounds good. Looks good. But it says it's only for August '17 and up Type R's ? I got mine in June '17. Was there a change?
so the semi titanium was never misleading to me. J's states it well that the semi titanium is just the mufflers.

As for HKS saying only Aug 2017 and up CTRs...doesn't make sense...no other company does that and we've seen exhausts for CTRs work on ones "made" most likely before august that also work on other ones...that is odd.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
so the semi titanium was never misleading to me. J's states it well that the semi titanium is just the mufflers.

As for HKS saying only Aug 2017 and up CTRs...doesn't make sense...no other company does that and we've seen exhausts for CTRs work on ones "made" most likely before august that also work on other ones...that is odd.
Definitely is odd.
Also, when I mentioned misleading, I was referring to websites offering the exhaust for sale and not specifying what parts are titanium, but only calling the whole exhaust "semi-titanium"
Sponsored